• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Poll - Which do you prefer? Coins or Bars

ChrisSilver

Which do you prefer - coins or bars  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer (assuming price per oz is the same)

• Coins
    • Bars

• Founder & Administrator

Assuming there was not a heavy tax on silver bars in europe and coins and bars had the same premium.

Which would you prefer? Answers are public.

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

This is such a difficult one. Bars are impressive, no doubt: A stack of big bars (not tiny 1oz ingots) is a thing of magnificence. But coins can be beautiful; the way the light hits them and the many varied designs, mean I never get tired of looking at them. I think for me, coins just edge it, but I don't regret my bars at all. And if spot goes low again, I will probably get more bars despite the VAT.

So far I'm the only one who voted for bars :lol:

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers

50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Coins all the way, but - like garthy - only 5oz max is all I'd consider for a coin, anything higher would have to be a bar.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Once you have had your hands on a 10 oz coin you may change your mind :D

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

Coins are nice to look at but bars have the fondling factor.

I have a few 10oz coins and they don't have the coin feel to them.

If they are priced the same then I'd go for the coins.

They both have their pros and cons and is a difficult choice.

Just because it's defined by the dictionary as a coin, does not mean it's really a coin; anything over a couple of ounces would be utterly ridiculous to actually use as circulating money, and that's where my definition of coins ends and "circular bars" takes over.

I want kg's of cast bars. I like my coins, don't get me wrong, and they have arguably more advantages, but... bars mean business!

I'm off Blackpool in 2 weeks.  Hopefully will have some funds to grab either 500g or 1kg bar from Chards.  10% over spot :) Just need it to drop to <£11.50

My first choice would be coins,

If I wasn't sure I'd think for a while then say coins

If I still wasn't sure I'd run it by a trusted friend and say coins

I think you can see where I'm going with this.

Nothing against bars but I reckon I'd get bored.

It's an ambition of mine to get hold of a 10kg silver coin at some point , dream on I suppose

I'm off Blackpool in 2 weeks. Hopefully will have some funds to grab either 500g or 1kg bar from Chards. 10% over spot :) Just need it to drop to <£11.50

10% premium on preowned silver is tasty. I have only set emailed chards once to ask for a price, they didn't tell me the % but the price was very attractive. I always forget about them when buying silver. I will have to make a purchase from them at some point in the future. Like HGM their stuff goes very quickly.

Discounts / Offers

10% premium on preowned silver is tasty. I have only set emailed chards once to ask for a price, they didn't tell me the % but the price was very attractive. I always forget about them when buying silver. I will have to make a purchase from them at some point in the future. Like HGM their stuff goes very quickly.

I'm not that hopeful I will find anything.  Last time I was there they had a couple of 1kg bars but were of .900 purity.  They had a few .999 but were 100oz.  At 10% things probably move quickly.  I want to pick something up with character and history.  Some of the smaller bars they had were from refineries I've never heard of but under 500g is a higher premium so I decided not to bother.

Archived