• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Poll - Which do you prefer? Coins or Bars

ChrisSilver

Which do you prefer - coins or bars  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer (assuming price per oz is the same)

• Coins
    • Bars

For now, I have to say I prefer bars, especially being new to the silver game.

I can see the appeal to coins where they keep intrinsic value even if the spot price takes a dive. The downside (if any I can find) I see is the potential to become attached to coins.

Bars (in my mind) leave me in a state of mind that keep it easy to maintain the ease of selling. Perhaps one day I'll get into coins, but as I see it, if I had a preference in terms of silver being bought and traded for more than I paid for it, then bars seem to me the most objective in terms of that mindset.

Bars have a collectible quality if you.manage to find englehards, etc. If I wanted to collect coins, I'd simply put my energy into Morgan Dollars. Being I'm more interested in trading silver, bars just seem to me a more objective medium. Afterall, my end game is to have a speculative investment, not the obtaining of a killer coin collection.

Not putting down coins or anything, a troy ounce is a troy ounce whether rectangle or round, I just want to keep myself objective in buying that which I wouldn't hesitate to sell.

I'm new to it all, but that's my perspective and understanding so far, and am receptive to keeping an open mind.

Have to say I like the feel of holding a silver 20oz bar but it's definitely coins only for me

They only silver coins I stack are all Perth mint being those with a $ denomination Kookaburras Koalas and Lunars

I believe they mint the finest quality silver coins

I do like bars , have a few sunshine minting bars, nearly didn't buy them because of the poor image on atkinsons, they were stunning when they arrived,   ive stopped buying bars  now as people say coins are easier to sell on

I've just got a bar and i love it (It's a pamp). Coins, rounds and bars. I just love the silver.

I've got a couple of Johnson Matthey 1oz bars on the way.

C12 just buy what you like,I am sure if you like a bar then someone else will like it too, and buy it from you.

Its Weird how coins here (in the western world) are very popular, but where my parents come from, it is all about Gold bars, GOLD gold, and you guessed it more gold. 

People would rather have a 1 gram gold bar, then a few oz of silver. I asked a few family members what form do they think gold and silver comes in If I was to sell it to them, everyone I asked has said Bars. 

I don`t have any coins here at all, it`s bars all the way, from 1Kg slabs to little 1 gram tiles (they`re seriously cute!)

not that I`v got anything against circles, I think circles are lovely too, but rectangles have the edge ;)

Archived