• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

NGC Coin Grading

Update, decided to bump the "big" coins I'm grading onto their own form and grade them as "Express - World Coins", to fully cover their value. I put their market value to £7500.

I've selected "NGS Gold" conservation - any idea if this will be allowed? Since it says max coin value £2500 - all my "big" coins on this submission are worth more than this. Going up to the next tier of conservation increases the cost by an extreme amount.

NGC Example 2.png

Found this thread really interesting.  I've bought a few graded coins and was considering potentially having some graded myself in future.  Had no idea just how much paperwork was involved before even sending the coins.  Think I'll probably just stick to buying them ready done! 😐

I can’t answer any of the recent questions but thought you should see this @Timberwolf

Check out these mistakes I’ve had from ngc, might worry you abit 🤣

Left side is what they originally were graded and right side is what they were graded after I informed them they were wrong 🤣

experts….

IMG_7051.thumb.jpeg.53adc00ab73bd4ec7094a57fbd50844b.jpegIMG_7050.thumb.jpeg.8539c54e84af8618f118143195cd71fe.jpeg

Edited by Mrpound

1 hour ago, Mrpound said:

I can’t answer any of the recent questions but thought you should see this @Timberwolf

Check out these mistakes I’ve had from ngc, might worry you abit 🤣

Left side is what they originally were graded and right side is what they were graded after I informed them they were wrong 🤣

experts….

IMG_7051.thumb.jpeg.53adc00ab73bd4ec7094a57fbd50844b.jpegIMG_7050.thumb.jpeg.8539c54e84af8618f118143195cd71fe.jpeg

My god that's shocking!

On 07/07/2023 at 18:58, Timberwolf said:

Thanks for the reply and info, I hope your coins make it back safely to you soon!

I wish there was a way to send with RM special delivery with > £2500 insurance. Does anyone know a reputable courier that would fully insure a large value package than this? Else it'll be multiple special delivery shipments that I'll have to use.

Gold digger Dave on this forum is just the man you need I'm guessing 

Hello All, 

I'm just about done with packaging my coins, but have the 50p set left. I just wanted to confirm if it's usual to get both coins encapsulated separately? Perhaps this is required, since they may not grade the same? I've seen some "joint" NGC capsules with two coins of a set within a double capsule.

Looking around on ebay/coin cabinet auctions I can only see the coins in separate capsules, though wanted to check on here.

I've attached an image of my coin set.

Thanks!

IMG_20230719_122908.jpg

IMG_20230719_122943.jpg

Edited by Timberwolf

53 minutes ago, Timberwolf said:

Hello All, 

I'm just about done with packaging my coins, but have the 50p set left. I just wanted to confirm if it's usual to get both coins encapsulated separately? Perhaps this is required, since they may not grade the same? I've seen some "joint" NGC capsules with two coins of a set within a double capsule.

Looking around on ebay/coin cabinet auctions I can only see the coins in separate capsules, though wanted to check on here.

I've attached an image of my coin set.

Thanks!

IMG_20230719_122908.jpg

IMG_20230719_122943.jpg

Pretty sure they will grade separately 👍

• 2 weeks later...

I should get my submission back tomorrow, I done well on it which is nice, could of done better but I’m not greedy 🤣 what I will say is from them receiving my submission to me getting them back it took 86 days. (not that I was counting 🤣)

• 2 months later...

Update on this, I finally got round to completing my NGC submission! I've sent off a small fortune in value via fedex, in multiple shipments, as this was the only courier I could find that would insure a package up to £10k for each package.

I'm hoping mine doesn't take 86 days, as this would mean it would be January before I have my precious back!

Is it normal to be very excited at the anticipation and expectation of high grades etc? I feel like a child again 😆

Update. So Fedex apparently tried to deliver, but were not able to obtain a signature, so have left. What's strange is they sent a picture of a door with several boxes stacked beside the door. I called NGC, they confirm no fedex delivery and that the door in question is definitely not theirs (69 Southampton Row).

Fedex say they'll attend again tomorrow to deliver, though I'm bit anxious considering the value of the package and that they clearly went to the wrong address.... Argh!

I've attached an image of the "door" they knocked for signature, hopefully someone can confirm this is indeed not NGC's door! 

Screenshot 2023-10-23 141206.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Update! My submissions have updated from "received" to "Scheduled for Grading". Does anyone know if this means they're actually in the US already?

I know this knowledge won't return my coins any faster to me, I'm just intrigued whether they made it over the Atlantic already 😄

I was reading the other day that most gold is transported by plane. Even passenger plans can have the 400oz "good delivery bars" in their cargo holds 😲