• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

closed Coronation day auction, 5 silver bullion Britannia type items from our Royal Mint

It's my first auction, so now that I have been promoted to a Grand Master on TSF, I think I should be able to do it.

The King and I decided to have some Coronation fun to see if we can top up the coffers or lose a fortune!

Lot 1 

A carded 2001, £2, 1oz silver bullion Britannia, still unwrapped from the RM.

Britannia is walking beside a lion and carrying a shield. The issue limit was set at 100000 but only 44816 were finally minted in that year. 40mm dia x 3,1mm thick. ie 95,8% silver, 32,4549g ie 31,1g pure silver content. Condition as minted and packed by RM 22 years ago, ie not in a capsule. Some light toning due to age, Queens head still perfectly shiny. Makes this silver coin look real.

Lot 2

A carded 2002, £2, 1oz silver bullion Brit, also unwrapped from the RM.

Shows the normal Britannia that we are used to today. Issue limit was 100000, only 36543 were minted, the lowest annual mintage ever in the silver Brit history ie 1998 to 2023. Condition as minted and packed by RM 21 years ago, no capsule either. Also some light toning due to age.

Lot 3

A RM blister pack, containing a £2, 2010, 1oz silver bullion Britannia coin, never opened. Britannia looking her best, pattern of her head and hair blowing in the wind. Quite sexy really. Mintage was 129086, RM figures. Condition beautiful, as minted, no capsule.

Lot 4

A carded 2015, the first ever £50 Britannia coin minted by RM, 1oz silver bullion Brit never opened. Britannia presented standing with a tame lion, ruling the world pattern. 34mm dia coin, no capsule. 0,996 ozs of fine silver. Great condition. Mintage 100000.

Lot 5

Lastly a carded 2013 1/2oz the first ever £20 silver bullion coin, I call it a double silver sovereign. 27mm dia, no capsule. Unopened from RM. "A Timeless First" perfect condition. Mintage 250000.

My spot price today is £24,43 ie spot + 20% VAT. So auction starting price for 1 oz coins is £24 and 1/2 oz coin is £12, bid increments to suit yourselves.

The auction is UK only and starts when I make this post.

Auction closing times, all today, Coronation day 6th May 2023. We will have a KCIII on the throne.

lot 1      7pm,

lot 2      7-15pm,

lot 3      7-30pm,

lot 4      7-45pm,

lot 5       8-00pm.

Delivery costs to the winners.

Winners can pay using Bank Transfer or PPF+F.

Dispatch of items will be on Tuesday 9th May.

Good luck to you all.

IMG_2590.jpg

IMG_2589.jpg

IMG_2588.jpg

IMG_2587.jpg

IMG_2586.jpg

IMG_2585.jpg

Edited by silvergaga
all sold

• silvergaga changed the title to Coronation day auction, 5 silver bullion Britannia type items from our Royal Mint
1 hour ago, silvergaga said:

My spot price today is £24,43 ie spot + 20% VAT. So auction starting price for 1 oz coins is £24 and 1/2 oz coin is £12, bid increments to suit yourselves.

Can you clarify this part please...

Are the winning bidders buying from a VAT registered entity? Is VAT being added to final bid? 🤔

Edited by modofantasma

25 minutes ago, modofantasma said:

Can you clarify this part please...

Are the winning bidders buying from a VAT registered entity? Is VAT being added to final bid? 🤔

No sorry, thats my first grand master mistake. No VAT I am just a private TSF punter.

31 minutes ago, modofantasma said:

Otherwise I'm not sure why VAT is mentioned?

Just to get me a start point for the auction, thank you Fenlander1 for making a start. The King and I are not going to fill the Royal treasury with that bid though! 

28 minutes ago, MikeG1978 said:

Lot 1 please £25

Great coin to bid on the 4th silver Britannia ever to be minted. The first Brit of the set, 1998 version is selling in the Birmingham Bull Ring for £103,60 today, but as usual they only have a price with no stock. 

After 4 hours and no Coronation watching, the leader board is as follows:-

lot 1 mikeg1978  £25

lot 2 fenlander1  £24

lot 3 steve3jant  £27

lot 4 honestmoneygoldsilver £27

lot 5 solachesis   £13

7 1/2 hours to go, surely the TV coverage will be back to Senior Snooker World Final by then eh! 

thank you all for your bids

Edited by silvergaga
spelling

The King and the Royal Mint are watching this auction on their mobiles.

Mint spokesman says, that number 4 in the britannia set 2001 is made beautifully, number 5 in the set the 2002 model is the scarcest brit in the world, only 36543 ever minted. And the number 13 is the most gorgeous brit you will ever see on the forum. Switch off your tele's. Ha ha.