• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

New to forums, UK stacker and dreamer

• Founder & Administrator

Hello and welcome to The Silver Forum :) 

You might be interested in Singapore Precious Metals Exchange, they have bonded warehouses in Singapore and I believe you can send bullion directly to them purchased from elsewhere, for storage with them. Investment grade precious metals are I believe VAT free when importing into Singapore itself, so if you wanted to collect the precious metals in Singapore there would not be any import VAT due (note that you may or may not need a postal address within Singapore). I'm not affiliated with them and they aren't on the forum that I know of currently also all of this information is just from memory so best to check directly on their website for accurate information. But it may be of interest to you: https://www.sgpmx.com/about/sgpmx

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

2 hours ago, BackyardBullion said:

Welcome to the forum

Point 1: not possible to buy from dealers at spot for physical silver and gold. Dealers are not charities, they make margins for profit. Some charge way more than others. They also rely on customers coming back to them to sell when the customer has no other choice and then have to settle for spot price.

Thank you for the welcome and taking the time to reply.

I understand your POV especially given your name and occupation. I find it somewhat egregious though that BBP offer to buy for £19.04 and will resell your exact coin on the same page for £38.04! (For a single 2023 QEII Britannia).That is predatory behaviour. Of course dealers need to make a profit but they should offer sellers a much better premium IMHO, BBY are making plenty of margin in sales. Chards and Bairdmint will beat BBY on price and even THE ROYAL MINT is beating them on price right now. Heck they are asking £42 on eBay, I understand fees, etc, but that's 20% more than other sellers when they have access to much cheaper product.

People do still manage to find spot or even under spot in some instances - private sales and estate clear-outs as well as car boot sales and so forth. I've never been to an estate sale or a car boot sale and I don't make private sales. I'm interested to hear about how it works and bargains people have picked up

3 hours ago, BackyardBullion said:

Point 2: This forum is a giant collective buyer platform. I also run a buying collective independently, with much success.

I must do a bit more research then as this really interests me

Point 3: Honestly have no idea about stating points but my guess is it's going to be massive minimum orders for wholesale and if you have £2.6m lying around to get silver at spot then I don't think you have much to worry about with life!

Haha I don't have a spare $2.6 million and I probably wouldn't want to deal with the US Mint right now even if I did. A buying collective might be able to find 6 or 7 figures to deal direct with The Royal Mint though or perhaps a reputable supplier of theirs for blanks/bars/generics/silver for pouring

Point 4: I don't know much about free ports but in terms of being VAT registered I do. You can claim back any VAT on purchases you make but then you have to charge it to customers when you make a sale. So yes, it's possible for a VAT registered company to buy lots of cheap silver, but when you sell it (let's say you go to a dealer and get spot) you are required to give 20% to the government for VAT charged. It's also a very heavily audited area, if you try and do anything dodgy or avoid VAT that's very serious. There's a reason why there aren't thousands of VAT registered sole trader silver stackers. It's not worth it.

Thank you for this. I was planning on being fully legit but yes, from what I know it's much easier and perhaps more profitable to be a private seller if selling relatively small amounts

Point 5: Scam city. That's not how international gold and silver markets work. If you have had enquiries about getting gold out of Africa direct from mines, that's a scam in waiting. @dicker has talked at length about learning and identifying warning signs.

Hope that all helps!

Yes I appreciate your replies, thank you! I was thinking more along the lines of going through Fortuna Silver Mines Inc rather than a Nigerian prince.

FVI are the only major company I could identify that have a falling AISC, this is due to their activities in Burkina Faso. Everybody else is getting eaten alive by general inflation but particularly on energy, labour, shipping and then getting hit hard by the increasing cost of finance along with ESG/Greta worship. It's for these reasons that I believe the average AISC (which was $16.56 in Q3 2022 for those companies), is now $18 in 2023 or perhaps even getting up towards the $20/oz mark for silver. That sets a fundamental hard floor on silver, it can't go below $18 or a bunch of mines will have to shut down. At least that is my fundamental hypothesis and I went balls out with several large purchases when silver hit $20/oz spot. I was curious what others thought about my hypothesis and if they have any better ideas or sources of info on the true bottom for silver. 

Thanks again sir it's amazing to get such a fast and informative response from someone like yourself so quickly!

Mind is primary and mass-energy is derivative

1 hour ago, ChrisSilver said:

Hello and welcome to The Silver Forum :) 

You might be interested in Singapore Precious Metals Exchange, they have bonded warehouses in Singapore and I believe you can send bullion directly to them purchased from elsewhere, for storage with them. Investment grade precious metals are I believe VAT free when importing into Singapore itself, so if you wanted to collect the precious metals in Singapore there would not be any import VAT due (note that you may or may not need a postal address within Singapore). I'm not affiliated with them and they aren't on the forum that I know of currently also all of this information is just from memory so best to check directly on their website for accurate information. But it may be of interest to you: https://www.sgpmx.com/about/sgpmx

Thank you sir! 

I have a connect in Hong Kong where precious metals are taxed at 0% VAT, 0% CGT and the maximum income tax rate is 17%, with much lower rates available personally and for businesses. AFAIK this market is the cheapest in the western world for gold and silver. Kitco have their Asian HQ there. Strange how HK and Singapore are so competitive on precious metals yet regularly rank in the top-3 most expensive cities in the world

Mind is primary and mass-energy is derivative

Welcome to the forum.

Definitely pooling resources is a good way to access better deals.

I have done a few group orders with varying success in order to access good qty breaks, but finding a supplier that is both good value and reliable with regard to shipping timescales has proven tricky. I am a full time one-man dealer but enjoy the social aspect of collective buying rather than the hardnosed capitalist approach and would like to do more of that. BullionByPost does have a very aggressive approach compared to most dealers and where their spread is somewhere around 50%-100% small dealers like me are more like 5% to 15% so much fairer on both buyers and sellers.