• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Best bank that allows you to make a bank transfer without blocking ?

39 minutes ago, Zeuk said:

I’m from Suffolk mate, as long as it’s the read end it’s good 

39 minutes ago, Zeuk said:

I’m from Suffolk mate, as long as it’s the read end it’s good 

A lot of fine beef

1 hour ago, Dankanugget said:

Cbdc is very restrictive for the possessor as the ability to spend on what you like will be gone and based on what you’ve done ie good person in society. You will be allocated like a pie chart on what you can buy with what your given.

I'll be spending mine on coal.

4 hours ago, Bigmarc said:

Because we are British!. 

Unfortunately we are too far gone, absolutely no sense of community left. If you were to ask anybody in the street, would you sacrifice Google, instrgram, YouTube and Facebook to get your privacy back what do you think the answer will be? Yes you will get the one's that protest but will just be an embarrassing handful like the lockdown one's. I don't know much about Nigeria but I am assuming they still meet up and actually talk to eachother. I am not for or against CBDC's as it's currently just speculation. Nobody knows what it's going to be but I am pretty sure it will be rolled out without much fuss here in the UK. It's best not to meet trouble head on and just go with it (British). 

Sorry to say this but that’s an awful defeatist attitude.

Even in China under the strict regime of the Chinese government the rollout of their digital Yuen CBDC has stalled because people refuse to use it. So far everywhere a CBDC has been rolled out people are refusing to use it and it’s working. Even in communist China! So have a bit more faith in yourself and your fellow man. All you have to do is continue paying for things using any existing method other than the CBDC. That’s not so hard is it?

Edited by EdwardTeach

13 minutes ago, SidS said:

There'll always be a way around it.

Absolutely yes!

Simply use any other medium of currency or money to make transactions. Failing that just barter. When push comes to shove never underestimate the human spirit and our willingness to adapt. Despite the best effort by every single government for thousands of years black markets have always existed and will always exist. This will be no different. One way or another CBDCs are destined to fail sooner or later.

Edited by EdwardTeach

Just now, EdwardTeach said:

Absolutely yes!

Simply use any other medium of currency or money to make transactions. Failing that just barter. When push comes to shove never underestimate the human spirit and our willingness to adapt. Despite the best effort by every single government for thousands of years black markets have always existed and will always exist. This will be no different. One way or another CBDC are destined to fail sooner or later.

On a slightly different topic if the banks in the USA affect the uk as may well be the case I wonder how the banks here will do business moving forward ?
im sure the tentacles of the banking octopus are in mann pies and I don’t want to be affected as others I’m sure don’t want to as well.

14 hours ago, Dankanugget said:

On a slightly different topic if the banks in the USA affect the uk as may well be the case I wonder how the banks here will do business moving forward ?
im sure the tentacles of the banking octopus are in mann pies and I don’t want to be affected as others I’m sure don’t want to as well.

Every bank and financial institution around the world will be on tender hooks right now demanding instant payment for everything and no delays on transfers. They’ll also be very averse to handing currency out to anyone for anything and do everything in their power to hold on to it to ‘keep it on the books’.

Basically you’re ok so long as I leave my currency in the bank and I’m ok so long as you leave your currency in the bank. But as soon as one of us bottles it and takes their currency out first the other person loses theirs. Now imagine this scenario on an infinitely larger scale between large banks and financial institutions as well as us individual depositors. It’s like an enormous game of chicken and whoever panics first wins.

Edited by EdwardTeach

1 minute ago, EdwardTeach said:

Every bank and financial institution around the world will be on tender hooks right now demanding instant payments for everything and no delays on payments. They’ll also be very averse to handing currency out to anyone for anything and doing everything I their power to hp;d on to it and ‘keep it on the books’.

Basically you’re ok so long as I leave my currency in the bank and I’m ok so long as you leave your currency in the bank. But as soon as one of us bottles it and take their currency out first the other person loses theirs. Now imagine this scenario on an infinitely larger scale between large banks and financial institutions as well as us individual depositors. It’s a big game of chicken and whoever panics first wins.

I agree I’d better get down to nationwide in the morning.

1 minute ago, Dankanugget said:

Sometimes if all else fails relax ..stand on the rock.

Good old bank guarantees

Just now, Dankanugget said:

Good old bank guarantees

More staff in that clip than my local branch.

3 hours ago, EdwardTeach said:

Sorry to say this but that’s an awful defeatist attitude

No worries, it needed to be said. 

Look we are all in a community where our main goal is accumulating physical assets and we are pretty much all in agreement that the current system has been failing for years to the point where your average Joe in the street is starting to see this. Change is almost definitely coming one way or another and am wondering what the next evolution of money looks like to you? 

As it stands and what this thread and most of the forum shows is that the banks are in it for themselves, what does the future of banking look like to you? 

I would like to be in a world where we all barter with the things that we have but realistically it's not going to happen.

12 hours ago, Bigmarc said:

No worries, it needed to be said. 

Look we are all in a community where our main goal is accumulating physical assets and we are pretty much all in agreement that the current system has been failing for years to the point where your average Joe in the street is starting to see this. Change is almost definitely coming one way or another and am wondering what the next evolution of money looks like to you? 

As it stands and what this thread and most of the forum shows is that the banks are in it for themselves, what does the future of banking look like to you? 

I would like to be in a world where we all barter with the things that we have but realistically it's not going to happen.

Thank you for being a gentleman. I believe in being honest when expressing my views but my comment was also said in good nature and no offence was intended by it.  

As for what the future of what banking looks like to me? I honestly don’t know. I dream there will be a decentralised digital blockchain currency backed by gold but I very much doubt it. There are dark and powerful forces at work in our central banks trying hard to prevent anything like that from happening. There are also other powerful forces at work in the BRICS+ nations who want to escape from our unbacked Western fiat currency system so that they can create their own gold backed digital financial system. This sounds like a big step in the right direction but I suspect their system will still centrally controlled too and it will be ‘pegged’ to gold rather than ‘backed’ by it meaning that people won’t have the option to exchange their digital currency for physical gold if they wanted.

Everything is up in the air at the moment and no one knows how the chips will land in a few years time. It’ll probably be something that no one expects though. Hopefully whatever it is will be a decentralised system but who knows? My gut tells me that despite all the bad stuff going on things are still moving in the right direction. There’s a financial storm going to pass over the world and things might get really rough for a while. Things may look bad now but all around the world there is goodness everywhere there too just waiting for an opportunity to come to the fore like seeds in the frozen ground during a winter frost waiting for the right time and opportunity to sprout and flourish.

Hopefully there won’t be a huge financial crash in the coming years but if it does happen I think it’s our responsibility as the few people who hold real money (gold and silver) to use it thoughtfully on the other side. When bubbles burst things will drop in price and we’ll have an opportunity to buy them dirt cheap for pennies on the dollar. With our gold we’ll be in a position to help others who are less fortunate than ourselves. So when the time comes try not to be too selfish. Obviously don’t just give your gold away but at the same time be mindful how you spend it and use it for good purposes that are positive and constructive for others as well as yourself.

Edited by EdwardTeach

13 hours ago, EdwardTeach said:

Absolutely yes!

Simply use any other medium of currency or money to make transactions. Failing that just barter. When push comes to shove never underestimate the human spirit and our willingness to adapt. Despite the best effort by every single government for thousands of years black markets have always existed and will always exist. This will be no different. One way or another CBDCs are destined to fail sooner or later.

I suppose coal is the ultimate black market, certainly stains the hands. 😁

12 hours ago, EdwardTeach said:

Every bank and financial institution around the world will be on tender hooks right now demanding instant payment for everything and no delays on transfers. They’ll also be very averse to handing currency out to anyone for anything and do everything in their power to hold on to it to ‘keep it on the books’.

Basically you’re ok so long as I leave my currency in the bank and I’m ok so long as you leave your currency in the bank. But as soon as one of us bottles it and take their currency out first the other person loses theirs. Now imagine this scenario on an infinitely larger scale between large banks and financial institutions as well as us individual depositors. It’s like an enormous game of chicken and whoever panics first wins.

Well I owe the bank, I already took all my currency out.

On 12/03/2023 at 23:02, EdwardTeach said:

Thank you for being a gentleman. I believe in being honest when expressing my views but my comment was also said in good nature and no offence was intended by it.  

As for what the future of what banking looks like to me? I honestly don’t know. I dream there will be a decentralised digital blockchain currency backed by gold but I very much doubt it. There are dark and powerful forces at work in our central banks trying hard to prevent anything like that from happening. There are also other powerful forces at work in the BRICS+ nations who want to escape from our unbacked Western fiat currency system so that they can create their own gold backed digital financial system. This sounds like a big step in the right direction but I suspect their system will still centrally controlled too and it will be ‘pegged’ to gold rather than ‘backed’ by it meaning that people won’t have the option to exchange their digital currency for physical gold if they wanted.

Everything is up in the air at the moment and no one knows how the chips will land in a few years time. It’ll probably be something that no one expects though. Hopefully whatever it is will be a decentralised system but who knows? My gut tells me that despite all the bad stuff going on things are still moving in the right direction. There’s a financial storm going to pass over the world and things might get really rough for a while. Things may look bad now but all around the world there is goodness everywhere there too just waiting for an opportunity to come to the fore like seeds in the frozen ground during a winter frost waiting for the right time and opportunity to sprout and flourish.

Hopefully there won’t be a huge financial crash in the coming years but if it does happen I think it’s our responsibility as the few people who hold real money (gold and silver) to use it thoughtfully on the other side. When bubbles burst things will drop in price and we’ll have an opportunity to buy them dirt cheap for pennies on the dollar. With our gold we’ll be in a position to help others who are less fortunate than ourselves. So when the time comes try not to be too selfish. Obviously don’t just give your gold away but at the same time be mindful how you spend it and use it for good purposes that are positive and constructive for others as well as yourself.

After watching what has happened the last few day I pretty much feel the the us government maybe laying down the framework for the introduction of a cbdc. SVB as far as I can tell went down because of the interest rate hike (among other things). Everyone is in a massive panic for a day until Mr biden comes out and says all your money is safe "we will cover it". All that needs to happen now is to keep raising interest rates and one by one take out the bank's that are under stress and every time Mr biden will come out until one day he will say " don't worry your money is safe, just download this digital wallet". Instantly millions of users. This could then force a bank run on all other banks until it's too late and we are all signed up. 

Edited by Bigmarc

On 12/03/2023 at 18:46, EdwardTeach said:

Sorry to say this but that’s an awful defeatist attitude.

Even in China under the strict regime of the Chinese government the rollout of their digital Yuen CBDC has stalled because people refuse to use it. So far everywhere a CBDC has been rolled out people are refusing to use it and it’s working. Even in communist China! So have a bit more faith in yourself and your fellow man. All you have to do is continue paying for things using any existing method other than the CBDC. That’s not so hard is it?

It's not hard given the current infrastructure to carry on using cash and your debit card, I use cash all the time - but they are well aware of the distrust around CBDC's so how to get people onboard? You create distrust in the current system and crash it. We know this because of the WEF's Cyber Polygon report that tells us of the impending cyber attacks which will, quite handily, force governments and institutions to quickly abandon the existing fiat system (and internal systems like Swift) and guess what the solution will be? 

CBDC's!

https://www.forbes.com/sites/bernardmarr/2023/02/06/cyber-apocalypse-2023-is-the-world-heading-for-a-catastrophic-event/?sh=78967db11b70

This is basically the "Event 201" of the financial world and it's so obvious. CBDC's are not simply just currency either - they will form part of the blockchain that governments use for Digital ID's, something which Australia already has in place for digital Driving Licences, and will eventually be just about every service the government offers including rent deposit schemes or taxation - so yes, it will be difficult to remain outside the system going forward but at least we'll have some bartering power with precious metals and some alt-crypto. It might just mean we need some alt-digital ID's too at some point.