• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

What is next for gold?

modofantasma

What's next for gold?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. £1502 now, what will we see first?

• £1399 Oz
    • £1601 Oz

I think it needs one or two more straws before it takes off, US interest rate rises and the strength of the dollar holding it back at the moment.

Those straws are all things likely to cause more pain than gain for most though 

Stock Market crash
Collapse of the dollar
Escalation in Ukraine
Financial crises bought about by the collapse of one of the big banks or financial institutions
Restructuring of the worlds settlement systems with an East/West split

etc. etc. etc.

I would rather see a steady price with small ups and downs personally, but I have gold to store wealth not make it. 

So long as they keep printing money (or creating it) based on nothing at all (the dollar and pound are both off the gold standard) gold will inevitably rise. There will be short term dips along the way of course, but they can't print gold. The more money they print, the more inevitable it is that gold will rise. The opposite is true of course for cash.

I’ll keep buying whatever. Shiny, interesting PM floats my boat.

long term is always my goal.

Sort term? Let’s be fair, we are personally not holding kg’s of gold to make serious bucks due to trading fluctuations. If you do…..you’re not looking to pick up a few ozs of gold on TSF.

“Foook You, you’re an irrelevant customer, go somewhere else peasant, nobody’s listening, I’m alright Jack”

-Royal Mint 2024

One thing that annoys me as it is complete utter rubbish is people who bleat on about the gold/ silver ratio like some mystical unicorn.

It is an irrelevant statistic.

The price of gold is in no way linked to the price of silver anymore than the price of milk is to diesel. 

Statistics can be used to promote any old rubbish. For example I hereby claim driving in high heel shoes is safer than driving in flat shoes. Obviously a high heeled shoe limits your control of a vehicles pedals, so obviously it is potentially more dangerous to wear whilst driving. But sod off and go through Police records of car crash fatalities and compare and contrast the amount of deceased female drivers where a note has been made of inappropriate footwear vs those deceased with no such note. The relevance of this is to try and focus people's brains in to realising that statistics will say whatever the publisher of the statistics wants them to say.

Buy silver by all means, but if you're justifying it on the basis of the gild/ silver ratio you are deluded in my opinion. You'd be better off buying tulip bulbs from me at a tulip/ Sovereign ratio of 1:1.

I've just voted blind 'cos my crystal ball has just rolled off the coffee table and the tea-leaves are all over the carpet!

All I can say is that over the past 25 years gold has steadily climbed from £200 ($325) to where it is today, but as they say 'past performance is not........

On 28/02/2023 at 09:18, Midasfrog said:

Maybe down to a level of £1460 for a while but it will rise again to above £1560 

Checkout www.https://remembergold.com 

I'm a bit late to this thread but thanks to Midasfrog for that link, a bit more education! 👍

I try to buy gold with my head and silver with my heart, sometimes..........I just get it wrong!