• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

What is next for silver?

modofantasma

What's next for silver?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. £17.00 now. What will we see happen first

• £15.99
    • £18.01

I think we could see a bit more strength in the pound the next few weeks if the new Brexit deal goes through, and some of the recession narrative starts to dissipate a little bit, Budget maybe helps out with energy bills etc. So my vote is down for now. Might even top up a bit more if we hit £16.50 or lower.

1 hour ago, MBTPSilver said:

I think we could see a bit more strength in the pound the next few weeks if the new Brexit deal goes through, and some of the recession narrative starts to dissipate a little bit, Budget maybe helps out with energy bills etc. So my vote is down for now. Might even top up a bit more if we hit £16.50 or lower.

I really don't think silver price is related to UK, JP Morgan have more influence on silver price than entire Uk...

Don't understand me wrong but UK is just a small country near Europe, 

''65 countries have claimed independence so far'' there were times when UK was a global power but not anymore.

Labour said yesterday that UK will sleep behind Romania in a few years...

Edited by theman73

More silver coins on my website

dancu.co.uk

https://www.milesfranklin.com

Andy is watching closely BRICKS nation's development and interest in precious metals and report on them. As well as commenting on collapse of dollar. He adds to discussion things like belt and road initiative 

Edited by MackWhite

1 hour ago, theman73 said:

I really don't think silver price is related to UK, JP Morgan have more influence on silver price than entire Uk...

Don't understand me wrong but UK is just a small country near Europe, 

''65 countries have claimed independence so far'' there were times when UK was a global power but not anymore.

Labour said yesterday that UK will sleep behind Romania in a few years...

This is intended for UK only price, regardless of the main silver price in dollars. So assuming that the dollar price stays flat, and the pound gets stronger, silver is lower here.

In reality though of course, no, the pound could get stronger or weaker, but it will all mainly depend on what happens to silver globally.

20 minutes ago, modofantasma said:

Silver getting a hiding today almost 5% down in dollar terms. GBP down Vs the dollar too which has shielded pound holders a little from the full brunt of it

Same ol same old plus a sinking currency 

dancu.co.uk

Gold/Silver ratio is 1 to over 90 now. The banksters are really battling to lower the gold price, and using weak old silver to try and keep the gold price from flying. They are getting desperate now. They are fighting a losing battle though. PM's will win in the end. Strong dollar eh?  Pigs are still flying all over the place. GBP price not varying that much. I still think we will get a new all time high gold price in the UK before the end of March.

Just read an article by arch ramper, though very knowledgeable, Keith Neumeyer who reckons that silver mines and processors will be bought up by EV manufacturers in order to secure supplies and to improve margins. Apparently, a Tesla car has a kilo of silver in it. Over time, he reckons that the restricted supply will result in a $150 per ounce price.

13 hours ago, MonkeysUncle said:

The economic theory is sound enough but paper silver equates to fiat money, it bears no relationship to fundamentals and dilutes the underlying asset.

6 minutes ago, samj89 said:

Tesla has more like 1 ounce of silver. Copper is good enough to use as a substitute and much cheaper 

Silver's conductivity and corrosion resistance make it necessary for conductors and electrodes; nearly every electrical connection in an EV uses silver and, in total, the auto sector uses 55 million ounces of it annually.

This is for 2021

dancu.co.uk

I thought silver was only used at point of contact when switching, like buttons, relays and other contact points. Because it doesn't oxidize it makes an ideal light contact conductive material. All hard wire points are ok with copper. Unfortunately I think Tesla is mostly touch screen unless they use silver solder which may happen in the future. 

Boron seems to be used a lot. Did try and find a company a while back to maybe invest in but not much luck.