• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Identifying a 1987 1/10oz Gold brit

stackerp5

I recently bought these two 1/10oz Gold brits from 1987 from a forum member, they came in a flip.

One looks like it is potentially an ex-proof, because of it's reflectivity and shine, while the second looks like bullion.

Can anyone help confirm? I know it's impossible to know if 1 is proof or if both are bullion without having the box or certificate proving its a proof coin, but I am not as experienced and would like to know :)

20230226_210114.jpg

20230226_210824.jpg

20230226_210820.jpg

20230226_210840.jpg

20230226_210847.jpg

20230226_210850.jpg

Always shipping with re-used or biodegradable packaging.

Looking to sell some items to fund a holiday. I've got some items for sale. PM me or check my profile if interested: Hitler's 3rd Reich 2 Reichsmark Coins, Roman Imperial Denarii and Other silver coins/items.

34 minutes ago, Solachesis said:

Are you allergic to the coins? Get closer man! 😆

33 minutes ago, Solachesis said:

Left one looks prooflike to me 

I am lacking in photography skills lol! My camera is terrible for up close pictures but I will post it later :)

Looking to sell some items to fund a holiday. I've got some items for sale. PM me or check my profile if interested: Hitler's 3rd Reich 2 Reichsmark Coins, Roman Imperial Denarii and Other silver coins/items.

7 minutes ago, Petra said:

I wouldn’t worry, as long as you didn’t pay proof price… 🤔

I paid bullion price, but I was looking if there was a bargain :)

1 minute ago, Britannia47 said:

Best I could do this time of the night!  My 1/10th proof. Even bullion Britannias can be proof-like, so it’s too difficult to tell from your pics….Hope this helps.

51B4D432-B107-4280-AAC4-B8A6E8DA278F.jpeg

F7581E76-3DB1-49A0-90D0-75097BA3088D.jpeg

Thanks!

It looks like QE is frosted and the backround has a proof reflection. Would you say that's right?

I'll take some better closeup pictures later. Thank you.

Maybe, take the photos again and this time swap the coins around. If the one one left now still looks the sparkle once switched, then you have your answer. 

The left hand coin looks like the proof coin. If there are scratches, then you can't conserve.

Edited by Spyder

Never Chase and Never Regret