• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2023 Coronation King Charles III and Queen Camilla Gold Sovereign

Midasfrog

I’m not surprised the RM has gone and milked this design for what it’s worth.

As it’s much more affordable than the 2oz equivalent, I can see the 1oz being sought after by people who like this design and who either weren’t offered or couldn’t afford the 2ozer.

24 minutes ago, Paul said:

Hhhhhmmmmmm not sure at all can't recall it mentioned anywhere before today. It does look rather nice. Not very often you see the royal mint doing reverse proofs in gold

Anyone think it has legs to have some profit potential in it in future ?? 

I really want one .. I’m sure others will too !

Aaaahhh😉

8 minutes ago, Agaupl said:

Is it me or does this have a rotation? Or just bad mounting ?

I think just bad placement in the slab.

If you imagine rotating the reverse clockwise by a few degrees, the obverse would rotate anticlockwise and be perfectly aligned to the 6/12 o’clock position.

The Royal Mint have an equity investment in Sovereign Rarities and they release special editions from time to time (city views etc.) Sometimes they go straight to grading as in this example. It wasn’t offered to Mint Marque @Paul because it’s a Sov Rarities exclusive.  

18 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

The Royal Mint have an equity investment in Sovereign Rarities and they release special editions from time to time (city views etc.) Sometimes they go straight to grading as in this example. It wasn’t offered to Mint Marque @Paul because it’s a Sov Rarities exclusive.  

That makes sense. I recall now that Royal Mint and Sovereign Rarities also held an auction in the past. 

17 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

The listing states limited edition presentation of 200. We don’t know yet if this is an exclusive to Sovereign Rarities, so the max mintage could be higher. Maybe someone in the UK can just call them and ask. 🙂

I’ve been doing a stock check seeing what I can move on to pay for this 🤣

Aaaahhh😉

27 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

1oz Reverse Gold Proof coronation coins! ............If theres anyone genuinely interested in these please give me a PM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What’s the mintage etc on this Dave?

Aaaahhh😉

HI30286_0.jpg?v=1689092118

https://www.ngccoin.com/census/world/great-britain-decimal-1968-to-date/sc-350/g100p/

Just looking up, there are x131 graded as a PF70 

It also looks like this is the first time a £100/1oz gold has been done in a reverse proof

Last gold reverse proofs to be done were the Queens Beasts 1/4s  

So they certainly don't do them very often in gold 

Usual price for a RM 1oz gold at RRP is £2,770  - so looking at a paying an additional +£480 premium for a graded PF70 for this reverse at £3250

Anybody taking a leap of faith and purchasing ???

21 minutes ago, Paul said:

HI30286_0.jpg?v=1689092118

https://www.ngccoin.com/census/world/great-britain-decimal-1968-to-date/sc-350/g100p/

Just looking up, there are x131 graded as a PF70 

It also looks like this is the first time a £100/1oz gold has been done in a reverse proof

Last gold reverse proofs to be done were the Queens Beasts 1/4s  

So they certainly don't do them very often in gold 

Usual price for a RM 1oz gold at RRP is £2,770  - so looking at a paying an additional +£480 premium for a graded PF70 for this reverse at £3250

Anybody taking a leap of faith and purchasing ???

Very strongly considering 

Aaaahhh😉

On 10/07/2023 at 20:00, Upsidedown said:

At least they don't have milk spots YET

You might think it's not possible but RM will find a way 😁😜

Funny you say that, ive sent two quarters back received a refund for one when i asked for a replacement and the other I received a replacement but needs to be sent back. This one has a scratch and looks like it has milk spots forming 🙈

20230714_172418.jpg

20230714_172507.jpg

8 hours ago, westminstrel said:

I think just bad placement in the slab.

If you imagine rotating the reverse clockwise by a few degrees, the obverse would rotate anticlockwise and be perfectly aligned to the 6/12 o’clock position.

as much as i would love to have one, that squint would annoy me every single time i looked at it past the point of PS4 rage when I get killed again in call of duty by some 12 year old with better eyesight and reflexes than me.

( and I am tapped out after all the other releases i bought this month )