• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Is the white on the gold coin rubbed against the plastic shell?

JJH

The swirl detail on queens hair and the rim are likely high points on the coin, these align with marks on capsule.

The circle on the capsule looks to be dead centre but slightly uneven. In transit the coin has traveled by boat, plane, lorry or all three. Most likely on the boat or plane the vibrations from the engine and the angle of the package has vibrated the coin in such a way as to make it rotate inside the capsule over a number of hours. The uneven circle mark on the capsule can be explained by either the force of gravity or a minor difference in clearance on the capsule. The white mark on coin is most likely to be pulverised plastic from the capsule.

🤓 😂

Edited by ArgentSmith

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

5 minutes ago, ArgentSmith said:

The swirl detail on queens hair and the rim are likely high points on the coin, these align with marks on capsule.

The circle on the capsule looks to be dead centre but slightly uneven. In transit the coin has traveled by boat, plane, lorry or all three. Most likely on the boat or plane the vibrations from the engine and the angle of the package has vibrated the coin in such a way as to make it rotate inside the capsule over a number of hours. The uneven circle mark on the capsule can be explained by either the force of gravity or a minor difference in clearance on the capsule. The white mark on coin is most likely to be pulverised plastic from the capsule.

🤓 😂

Yeah sounds very likely a packing issue..who's tagging the dealer 😆 🤣 😂 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

8 minutes ago, ArgentSmith said:

swirl detail on queens hair and the rim are likely high points on the coin, these align with marks on capsule.

I agree, now with the clearer pictures from @JJH it look to be more of abrasion markings, rather than moisture or acid as @James32 and others first thought. To confirm this at least in theory, you could get a compass and measure (carefully so not marking the coin) the circle type ring on the capsule, and see if that alignment to the high spot (and marking) on the coin fit together. Hope that makes sense?

4 minutes ago, ShineyMagpie said:

I agree, now with the clearer pictures from @JJH it look to be more of abrasion markings, rather than moisture or acid as @James32 and others first thought. To confirm this at least in theory, you could get a compass and measure (carefully so not marking the coin) the circle type ring on the capsule, and see if that alignment to the high spot (and marking) on the coin fit together. Hope that makes sense?

The inside of the circle mark on capsule will be dead centre if its from rotation 👍 95% sure it is.

5 minutes ago, James32 said:

Yeah sounds very likely a packing issue..who's tagging @LawrenceChard 😆 🤣 😂 

Im not! But not really dealers fault tbf 😀

Edited by ArgentSmith

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

2 hours ago, James32 said:

Hi Lawrence can you please share as its been frustrating me all day.

Pm if necessary 😆 

9 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

Me?

😎

8 minutes ago, James32 said:

No way 😳 I was thinking Tavex...was it you?

It ain't me babe!

6 hours ago, JJH said:

he say when it sent it is perfect but it Opened by customs when exporting from Germany

It sounds like the OP said it was exported from Germany, although I can't see any post from him to that effect, perhaps a PM?

Tavex head office is in Lithuania or somewhere. I tried to check via Google, but it was unclear on any of their multiple websites, at least not without spending more time than I wished to.

But as usual, it wouild do no harm for the OP to name the suppying dealer, although people seldom do, for some inexplicable reason.

The most interesting part of this topic is that the OP appears to have paid a lot of import tax because the dealer failed to attach a complete and accurate customs label / invoice as he had been requested, and as should be standard practice.

To tell the customer it is his problem sounds like poor service.

😎

Chards

2 hours ago, Bogart said:

Go on then we are all on tenterhooks.

Jolly well played, 1,000 bonus points for not typing "tender hooks".

Progress is a myth. Democracy is a sham. Dumbing down is real.
Throw your mobile 'phone in the bin, it will free you!
Turn your TV off, cancel your licence.
USE CASH WHEREVER POSSIBLE.

1 hour ago, LawrenceChard said:

customer it is his problem sounds like poor service

This is very true, aslo as @JJH said the seller doesn’t accept returns... but the seller is the person responsible for ensure the product arrives in satisfactory condition. Although i do understand it then becomes an issue to "prove blame".

9 hours ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

I looks either like glue or silicone 

I'd attempt to use a solvent  Got super glue off a sovereign recently with this stuff. 

WD40 works magic with silicone

DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!

image.png

Serious?

6 hours ago, ArgentSmith said:

🤓 😂

6 hours ago, ShineyMagpie said:

I agree, now with the clearer pictures from @JJH it look to be more of abrasion markings, rather than moisture or acid as @James32 and others first thought. To confirm this at least in theory, you could get a compass and measure (carefully so not marking the

So if gold rubs against the capsule, will it wear out? Who is harder?

8 hours ago, Bogart said:

Doubt german customs would be interested in it.

I paid on 12/13, and the other party told me that he had to submit the documents to the customs for confirmation for several days before submitting the express delivery, and when dhl got it for export, the customs inspected it for several days, I don’t know if they are took it for breakfast and droolScreenshot_2023-01-31-09-00-06-481_com.android.chrome.thumb.png.a41f9297655a5d5655e42761f53b922d.png

Edited by JJH

4 hours ago, James32 said:

No way 😳 I was thinking Tavex...was it you?

6 hours ago, ArgentSmith said:

Im not! But not really dealers fault tbf 😀

The other side is hardly active here Seriously, indeed I don't think the white is the seller's fault, it's just that if it is shipped to me, it will cause friction, so why is it that the East India company produced it and delivered it to him without wear?, I just questioned the other party if He helped me express the purity, and then his answer made me feel unhappy. At that time, I hadn't opened the gold coin and found the white color, and I never said anything about returning it.Screenshot_2023-01-31-08-22-34-914_com.google.android_gm.thumb.png.055468286b1fa0d2316b608b6addb8d7.pngaAlthough he sent another letter to tell me that if I kindly explained to the customs, they would believe it, but they didn’t believe the evidence after the fact that the thing was in my hands, but the tax is not a factor that I regret buying.