• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Is the white on the gold coin rubbed against the plastic shell?

JJH

This is a gold coin bought from a dealer in Europe. Is this normal?photo show open plastic and please dont atten my glove😃

5a14104c-e825-4f03-99e9-6bb0f66706d0.thumb.jpg.380e6b8b143de9f39d0ce040ea73d38c.jpg46792.thumb.jpg.87953d1f7d2fdc807700d4838e7ae9ed.jpg46789.thumb.jpg.050b10598ee1b65ce7fe94a1161aee2c.jpg46791.thumb.jpg.48fe75c637c96a7cf78bbbc619d54073.jpg

Although I don’t want to say, I asked the dealer to add 999 pure gold to the name to avoid taxation, but the reason why I was taxed by the customs today is because of the dealer didn't pay attention to me, and when I wrote to ask if he missed it, his reply told me: This is a matter between me and the customs, I have to prove it myself, and he does not accept returns.what my think is i waste huge mo ney and take by someone

Just now, James32 said:

What's the whitish stuff on Queens face? Condensation?

Sorry never read the title 😂 your asking.

Was there paper inside capsule during transit? To stop rattling?

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

1 minute ago, JJH said:

Coins have no room to wiggle
999 gold It seems to be the wear and tear between the coin and the plastic

Cheap capsule that may have had some moisture or Extra plastic "dead centre" on inside. Honestly never seen anything like that before.

There's usually enough freedom for coin to breathe. Very strange.

2 minutes ago, JJH said:

photo 2 the open plastic  beside and a white circle clearly

photo 3 is not open

Try heating coin gently with a hair dryer? Do not wipe it as you may scratch finish.

@JJH have you tried looking at the area in question through a loupe? May give you some indication. If there is small scratch would help to explain. In your wnd photo with the top of the capsule off it also looks like there maybe damage or the same effect to tbis again have a look at that through the loupe.

5 minutes ago, ShineyMagpie said:

@JJH have you tried looking at the area in question through a loupe? May give you some indication. If there is small scratch would help to explain. In your wnd photo with the top of the capsule off it also looks like there maybe damage or the same effect to tbis again have a look at that through the loupe.

i have no loup but i ready to buy one  but what is WND and TBIS

@JJH if you have no loupe then I would suggest that you try to take as best as possible (in focus) picture of the affected area. You can then crop the photo to just have this area in screen. Allowing you to in effect "zoom in" obviously not as good/clear as a loupe but you may be able to see if there is scratches or if it look like something "stuck" ontop.

Just now, JJH said:

yes ,And you mean heat it up and it will disappear by itself?

It might.. it may just be trapped moisture, but if abrasion then unfortunately not.

Tag the dealer into this and see what they say?? They may have a quick explanation/remedy 

5 minutes ago, James32 said:

It might.. it may just be trapped moisture, but if abrasion then unfortunately not.

Tag the dealer into this and see what they say?? They may have a quick explanation/remedy 

I would not have thought it is moisture.  Surely the way to test is to rub one's finger on the capsule and see if the mark on the capsule comes off?

1 minute ago, Zhorro said:

I would not have thought it is moisture.  Surely the way to test is to rub one's finger on the capsule and see if the mark on the capsule comes off?

Yeah I don't either.. but the fact it's getting smaller in each picture has puzzled me..

Think it should be obvious to the OP if it's damage or not 🤣 

10 minutes ago, James32 said:

he say when it sent it is perfect but it Opened by customs when exporting from Germany

1 minute ago, JJH said:

he say when it sent it is perfect but it Opened by customs when exporting from Germany

AHH.. 😲 does it look like damage?

I sincerely hope they didn't fooking acid test it in custom's 😲

47 minutes ago, James32 said:

@GoldDiggerDave can you advise here please?? Acid? 

I looks either like glue or silicone 

I'd attempt to use a solvent  Got super glue off a sovereign recently with this stuff. 

WD40 works magic with silicone

DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!

image.png