• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Thoughts on how to price your items for sale?

The above all makes total sense to me.

It’s worth looking at the forum as a guide.

There are micro trends - for example, some people pay a bit more for some coins in a series because they are collecting a series, or like a particular type of coin

Not my circus, not my monkeys

4 hours ago, dicker said:

There are micro trends - for example, some people pay a bit more for some coins in a series because they are collecting a serie

Yes this makes sense also, seen this in some series coins, when people start collecting later and the original in the series has a much higher premium.

8 hours ago, ShineyMagpie said:

Yes this makes sense also, seen this in some series coins, when people start collecting later and the original in the series has a much higher premium.

QB's 2oz silver is a good example, currently ranging from £63 all the way to £80 for the Griffin

13 minutes ago, ShineyMagpie said:

Yes, I must admit I am one of thoese guilty parties. I am currently after "The red dragon of Wales"

That one's not too bad, seems to be the Unicorn and Griffin that are now super expensive to pick up.  Still probably looking at £65 though

17 hours ago, James32 said:

Aim to be the cheapest "within reason " on the market. 

Check the usual suspects, dealer wise then take into account most ( not all) dealers are free postage, adjust price accordingly. 

There's no set price, just try and be fair at all times,the rest will take care of itself. 

If you can't achieve the price you need by being fair/cheaper than a dealer..then you are selling at the wrong time and either need to take a loss or will be selling B.U.M.P.S

Some of that sounds familiar to me!

😎

Chards

5 hours ago, Orpster said:

QB's 2oz silver is a good example, currently ranging from £63 all the way to £80 for the Griffin

Where can you pick those up at that price?

Recent ebay sales (by auction) £93 upwards and higher for BIN sales.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

On 09/01/2023 at 18:50, ShineyMagpie said:

Your just trying to get me to upgrade to premium membership aren't you 🤣😝

Yes, I suspect so, and he's right.  The 3-day delay for non-members seeing listings means that good deals will be long gone before you see them.  Getting at least a silver membership is really the minimum entry point for the forum to actually be useful for trading.

The Sovereign is the quintessentially British coin.  It has a German queen on the front, an Italian waiter on the back, and half of them were made in Australia.

19 hours ago, ShineyMagpie said:

Yes, I must admit I am one of thoese guilty parties. I am currently after "The red dragon of Wales"

£65 plus post? 😀

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

3 minutes ago, ShineyMagpie said:

You have one for sale?

Yes if you’re interest pm, bit busy at mo will reply soon enough though 👍

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024