• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Mystery Boxes 2022

39 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

Are any dealers doing mystery boxes again this Christmas?

The Chards ones last year seemed to go down reasonably well, although there was obviously something wrong with mine because it didn't contain a free half sovereign 🤣 Are you going to do another one, @LawrenceChard?

Both of the "prize" ones included a proof (full) sovereign, not a half sovereign, but

no, we were so busy this year that we could not afford to time and human resources to run another "Mystery Box".

We also lost money on every box last year because the weight tipped slighly over a weight threshold. I think it was the 2 kilo limit, so we ended up paying a 10 kilo rate. We should have simply removed the heaviest item, possoibly substituting something else, or posted it separately, which would have been cheaper.

I really wish we could have got "free postage" from Royal Mail. They of all people should be able to promote it!

😎

Chards

1 hour ago, LawrenceChard said:

Both of the "prize" ones included a proof (full) sovereign, not a half sovereign, but

no, we were so busy this year that we could not afford to time and human resources to run another "Mystery Box".

We also lost money on every box last year because the weight tipped slighly over a weight threshold. I think it was the 2 kilo limit, so we ended up paying a 10 kilo rate. We should have simply removed the heaviest item, possoibly substituting something else, or posted it separately, which would have been cheaper.

I really wish we could have got "free postage" from Royal Mail. They of all people should be able to promote it!

😎

Ah that's a shame, and yes you're right, it was full sovereigns! Crazy times!

I think most people would have been perfectly happy to not get the chards travel cup thing. It's not something you'd want to leave in your car's cup holder as it might advertise the fact that the boot is full of kilo gold bars. I did feed this back at the time when I got a call to see what I thought about the contents. I would have been pleased enough if it was omitted without being replaced with something else.

As you brought it up first for a change, can we have free postage as a Christmas present? 🤣

27 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

Ah that's a shame, and yes you're right, it was full sovereigns! Crazy times!

I think most people would have been perfectly happy to not get the chards travel cup thing. It's not something you'd want to leave in your car's cup holder as it might advertise the fact that the boot is full of kilo gold bars. I did feed this back at the time when I got a call to see what I thought about the contents. I would have been pleased enough if it was omitted without being replaced with something else.

As you brought it up first for a change, can we have free postage as a Christmas present? 🤣

I'll ask Royal Mail, but won't hold my breath waiting for an answer.

😎

Chards

2 hours ago, LawrenceChard said:

😎

The extra 37 foot of bubble wrap mine had chucked on top the box would have saved you on weight. Only finished using it all up for other packaging last month!