• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014.Β Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topicΒ posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :)Β happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads.Β 

What the heck is going on with bullion prices!?!​ πŸ˜±β€‹

GBcoins

16 hours ago, LawrenceChard said:

I wondered whatΒ 28.30 was supposed to mean. It could hardly be a time, but I clicked the link - $28.30!

I have never heard of Nicky Shiels, and her name is not one of the 666 on the official participants list, but then she might say exactly the same about me.

We did have a paid official delegate there, my colleague Ian. My wife Jane and I went along as a support act, but we have a few interesting meetings in the lounge / bar area of the conference venue hotel, our main one was with the RM UK bullion manager and Precious Metals Director.Β 

I guess thatΒ Nicky Shiels did similar to us, cheapskate!

Most of these ZeroHedge reports seem to feature dealers who are keen to hype silver. I have all but given up reading them. While I think silver is cheap, based on the Gold:Silver ratio, I try to avoid hype.

Seeing "Earlier Wednesday we noted a report from Ronan Manly of BullionStar.com, who revealed that more than 50% of deliverable silver on COMEX is suddenly 'not available.'" looks interesting, but there is no supporting evidence from Ronan Manly or Tyler Durden to support this statement. It seems to be aimed at further brainwashing the lunatic conspiracy who love to believe anything which sounds even vaguely conspiratorial.

She says "Polling takeaways from delegates:" I didn't know any of them got takeaways, and I don't know why they would. The "freebie" food in the hotel was all very good. I know because I felt duty bound to test it so as to be able to report on it here and elsewhere. I guess the wine was also good although as we were working, I didn't test it. The coffee was abysmal, and you had to order and pay for proper espresso. A capuccino was $8!

The "free food" was of course like "free postage", we paid Β£2000 or was it €2000 plus VAT for ours. LBMA members get it for only Β£/$1300.

The headline "As Physical Silver Demand Soars, Bullion Dealers Offer Huge Buy-Back Premiums" is rather shouty. Most bullion dealers, investors, and stackers, including TSF members know that demand for coins and small bars has been running high now for about 3 years. I seem to remember writing sommething about it only a few days ago.Β Nicky Shiels would have known if she had bothered to read it, but it may have spoilt a good story.

Of course, I could have answered your question in one word:

"No"!

😎

Β 

"soviet sausages"

How do they taste?

😎

They can give you the Trotskys.

β€œNowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

4 hours ago, Stu said:

Hi Paul. I know you are a very experienced eBay seller however I am interested to know if you have had any issues with buyers claiming goods not received etc with selling that amount? Also have you been selling individual coins?

I am possibly going to be parting with a few oz shortly to fund a car purchase however I think I will stick with the forum.Β 

To be honest I've not had one issue selling silver through feebay this year.

Might have been very fortunate to just know how to spot a dodgy transaction before it happens, but touch wood all good for me.

Always use a tracked service signed for or special delivery and use the eBay global shipping program GSP for overseas orders.

I've been selling individually to maximise the cash and also in no hurry to raise funds. With your price point being high you don't get folk coming in buys x10s or x30s thereby exposing yourself to a bigger chargeback and risk. Most folk only buy oneΒ  or two coins at a time in my experience selling through eBay. The cheaper your price is for 1oz the bigger your chance of selling more.

Also great you can do your own tacking labels/stamps at home and can get parcels collected for nothing so no post office queues. Very painless selling on eBay to be fair

3 hours ago, Paul said:

Might have been very fortunate to just know how to spot a dodgy transaction before it happens, but touch wood all good for me.

Always use a tracked service signed for or special delivery and use the eBay global shipping program GSP for overseas orders.

I've been selling individually to maximise the cash and also in no hurry to raise funds. With your price point being high you don't get folk coming in buys x10s or x30s thereby exposing yourself to a bigger chargeback and risk. Most folk only buy oneΒ  or two coins at a time in my experience selling through eBay. The cheaper your price is for 1oz the bigger your chance of selling more.

Also great you can do your own tacking labels/stamps at home and can get parcels collected for nothing so no post office queues. Very painless selling on eBay to be fair

Much as there are a lot of complaints about eBay, I do agree about how good the global shipping is. I have sent mainly to the states but also to Japan, postage cheap as chips!🫒😁

41 minutes ago, GBcoins said:

Paul,

Can you send a link to your eBay store?Β πŸ˜„

In case you included me, I currently don’t sell coins etc. on eBay πŸ€”, just need Paul to answer😁

4 minutes ago, Petra said:

In case you included me, I currently don’t sell coins etc. on eBay πŸ€”, just need Paul to answer😁

Β 

46 minutes ago, GBcoins said:

Paul,

Can you send a link to your eBay store?Β πŸ˜„

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/m.html?_ssn=cornacopiacollectables&_sop=2

eBay UserΒ cornacopiacollectables

https://feedback.ebay.co.uk/fdbk/feedback_profile/cornacopiacollectables

There are shortages all over the place. i am still waiting for an order to complete at Goldsilver.be which i placed on 19th September - i see a banner on the site saying products won't ship for 6 - 8 weeks. Lots of the coins on their site are sold out or pre-order (most of the time code for sold out).Β 
i just checked some of the prices on sites well known to us, they are simply stratospheric. A single Philharmonic on Atkinsons is Β£30.71 - granted delivery will be included so this bumps up the price but if you bought several different single coins you would be stung. Chards is cheaper +delivery but nevertheless retail silver coins dropping through your letter box are now expensive. The spot price bears little to no relation to what you have to pay - and people are paying accepting demand is very strong.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose.Β 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsingΒ economy.Β Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

On 28/10/2022 at 09:14, Paul said:

A few questions if you don't mind helping please :)

Do you need to video the parceling up and sending etc, just in case?

I know you have years of experience on feebay, so what do you do if you spot a potential dodgy transaction? For example, if a winner on an auction rings alarm bells - just cancel it?

24 minutes ago, kimchi said:

A few questions if you don't mind helping please :)

Do you need to video the parceling up and sending etc, just in case?

I know you have years of experience on feebay, so what do you do if you spot a potential dodgy transaction? For example, if a winner on an auction rings alarm bells - just cancel it?

If nothing goes wrong with your sale it would seem like an unnecessary waste of time but if you got a scammer on the other end then the more evidence you have the better.

i would get the buyer to confirm the name and address via ebay messages. They cannot claim it went to the wrong place. Get them to confirm there are no special delivery requirements. Ideally i would have the parcel delivered to a post office near them - then they cannot claim it never arrived b/c it is tracked to the post office and they have to pick it up. The post office is very lax about parcels since COVID - now the postman signs and then anyone could have taken it or not as the case may be.
I would have a video of the item going into the packaging - clearly showing the item(s) as they go in - show the address label from Royal Mail with tracking code. i would show the parcel being handed over at the post office. Showing the label and that it was the same package the items went into. Then it is tracked and the tracking code is put into ebay as well.

Anything else?

Edited by sixgun

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose.Β 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsingΒ economy.Β Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.