• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

closed Almost Spot Gold - 1779 Full Gold Guinea George III (4th portrait)

stackerp5

Time has come for this badboy to go. I am selling this at a 45% loss as I have to raise funds. The starting price is basically spot price.

Minted between 1663 and 1814, the Guinea contains approximately 1/4oz of fine gold (8.4g of 22 carat gold). The name comes from the region of West Africa, where a lot of the gold used to make these coins was sourced from. Produced by The Tower Mint (now The Royal Mint), the Guinea marked the first time a coin was produced by machines instead of being hammered, being substituted by the Pound in 1816. King George III (1760-1820) is featured with a laureate head on the obverse of this coin. The reverse features a crowned shield of arms. The relief on this coin is good with details of the eye, cheek, nose and mouth distinguishable, with a visible laureate crown and hair on the obverse. The reverse is also detailed with few signs of wear. The coin only weighs 1/20th less than it used to when it was minted. No signs of cleaning, no signs of being ex-jewellery and also no signs of corrosion. (SOURCE 1, NUMISTA)

Starting price: £369.6, 3.5% over spot. Bids at £555 or above include free Special Delivery.

Postage: On top of winning bid.

Minimum increments: no minimum increments.

Auction end: Monday 9 PM

20220605_024432.jpg.1592b246ce684b90e231131f4f822bf1.jpg.b8379542894f3f3a90c0d2833b339ad0.jpg

20220628_234642.jpg.9784b46be49150ceca658de3564be758.jpg.7bf3dc66c30fa28813ea3133768b6c2c.jpg

20220628_234651.jpg.a059b96b6f977d708e5b08083fa56ef6.jpg.c38c19d2bb80edeb57a7cca1ee5a808b.jpg

Always shipping with re-used or biodegradable packaging.

Looking to sell some items to fund a holiday. I've got some items for sale. PM me or check my profile if interested: Hitler's 3rd Reich 2 Reichsmark Coins, Roman Imperial Denarii and Other silver coins/items.

• stackerp5 changed the title to Almost Spot Gold - 1779 Full Gold Guinea George III (4th portrait)
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you for the bids!

I've added the following:

20 hours ago, stackerp5 said:

Bids at £550 or above include free Special Delivery.

Looking to sell some items to fund a holiday. I've got some items for sale. PM me or check my profile if interested: Hitler's 3rd Reich 2 Reichsmark Coins, Roman Imperial Denarii and Other silver coins/items.

Current highest bid is £415 from @Silverman2U :)

Thank you for all the bids until now! 👊😎

EDITED COMMENT: Gotta lay off drinking, thought today was monday so keep on bidding until tomorrow 9 PM!! 🤣🤣

6 minutes ago, lqh said:

no signs of being ex-jewellery

what  does that mean?

Means it's never been in a jewellery mount which was common for guineas, if it had it would be rounded on the edges, polished and indentation from the mount from the necklace / pendant etc 

So it's a good thing it's not been in jewellery which if it had it reduces its value 

1 hour ago, Leonmarsh said:

Means it's never been in a jewellery mount which was common for guineas, if it had it would be rounded on the edges, polished and indentation from the mount from the necklace / pendant etc 

So it's a good thing it's not been in jewellery which if it had it reduces its value 

Thanks Leon you put it perfectly!

Thank you all for the bids! Highest bid by @arphethean at £435.

Archived