• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint - Harry Potter on 20th October at 9 am

The Hogwart express looks nice. Some people think the first Harry Potter coin does not look good but it is a faithful to the book illustration, it is not suppose to look like Daniel Radcliffe or hyperealistic. My hunch is the Potter gold coins will become more valuable way more than the memorial sovereigns in just a year's time.

Two Harry Potter coins arrived today.

The 1/4 gold I sent back with frosting flaws, the replacement arrived. Frosting is fine, the obverse is ok but the reverse on the field there is a scratch. I don't know if it is a smudge that can be lifted off or actual scratch but I think its a scratch, the air blower cant shift it. I assume this is the quality we are going to get from RM so up in the air about sending  it back. Think I will.

The 2oz almost flawless. Thereis a very small needle head size frosting missing on the Queen's neck, its not easy to spot and might even get missed. Itsw on of those that might get PF70 in some days and PF69 in another. I will keep the 2oz one.

Viewing under the light reveal more scratches and lots  of spots on th 1/4 gold. Its going back and I'm going for a refund.

The 2oz silver has a couple of light milk spot contamination so I this one up in the air about returning.

The only Potter coin I'm satisfied with so far is the colour proof I recieved a couple weeks ago.

Potter.jpg

Edited by Taikonaut

1 minute ago, Taikonaut said:

Two Harry Potter coins arrived today.

The 1/4 gold I sent back with frosting flaws, the replacement arrived. Frosting is fine, the obverse is ok but the reverse on the field there is a scratch. I don't know if it is a smudge that can be lifted off or actual scratch but I think its a scratch, the air blower cant shift it. I assume this is the quality we are going to get from RM so up in the air about sending  it back. Think I will.

The 2oz almost flawless. Thereis a very small needle head size frosting missing on the Queen's neck, its not easy to spot and might even get missed. Itsw on of those that might get PF70 in some days and PF69 in another. I will keep the 2oz one.

Lucky, my 2oz silver arrived with the screw-shut capsule jammed into this position.

image.thumb.png.0bdc71f351449167674c53ac3815e692.png

I thought the coin was otherwise okay until I noticed an obvious dent on the obverse, so it'll be going back anyway.

Yours might have fallen out the capsule and the obverse hit something hard causing a dent and whoever opend the capsule quickly put it back in and half closed the capsule. 

I think they have so many problem coins it just becomes a case of what is acceptable to you. It should'nt be that way because proof quality is meant to be perfect.

Edited by Taikonaut

• 3 weeks later...
On 18/11/2022 at 12:07, paulmerton said:

Lucky, my 2oz silver arrived with the screw-shut capsule jammed into this position.

image.thumb.png.0bdc71f351449167674c53ac3815e692.png

I thought the coin was otherwise okay until I noticed an obvious dent on the obverse, so it'll be going back anyway.

Almost all of those 2oz capsules come either open or jammed like yours.   

21 minutes ago, Chrisplym said:

As far as I can see the edition limits for the Hogwarts Express are the same as they were for the first Harry Potter coin.

They should do an Avanti West coast train that never turns up🤣

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone had an update on the Hogwarts express coin? BBP were supposed to get stock by now, I guess the postal strikes have affected them.

EDIT - Just seen they have arrived in stock now at BBP, so should arrive soon.

Edited by ant1882
updated info

34 minutes ago, ant1882 said:

Anyone had an update on the Hogwarts express coin? BBP were supposed to get stock by now, I guess the postal strikes have affected them.

EDIT - Just seen they have arrived in stock now at BBP, so should arrive soon.

Not had mine from the Mint yet. Hopefully soon 👍🏼