• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint - Harry Potter on 20th October at 9 am

I think this Harry potter coin/series may do OK to be fair, but given the recent further RM price rises, making a profit on new releases is getting less and less likely going forward.   

Now waiting 3-6 months now typically gets you a ready made graded 70 for less than original issue RRP  :(

16 hours ago, blackadder said:

to soon after yesterdays release.

Well, I think this was scheduled to be released the day the Queen died, so I guess it had to come out eventually. The Royal Mint do seem to crank out an awful lot of "limited editions" though, you are right.

Buy high. Sell low.

Some queue-time trivia:

"The design for all four coins includes a latent feature that shows a lightning bolt at one angle and the number ‘25’ when each coin is tilted at a different angle"

"The Harry Potter and Hogwarts Express coins will feature a portrait of Her Late Majesty Queen Elizabeth II on the obverse. The coins featuring Professor Dumbledore and Hogwarts School will feature the official coinage portrait of His Majesty The King."

...so 2/4 of the 25th anniversary coins will be released in the year after the 25th anniversary!

I’m in.

2 minutes ago, Shinus73 said:

No 1 oz silver or gold?

Yeah that’s disappointing, I wanted to get 2x 1oz silver for my kids.  I ended up getting the silver 50p instead.  I don’t really like the colour on it but I didn’t want to pay £190 for a 2oz silver.