• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2023 Bullion Britannias Due Out Soon? Queen Elizabeth II Portrait? - Clues and Guesses

We created a few mock-up images about a year ago.

These show the recent definitive Britannia with the 2023 date:

2023eliazabethiigoldbullionbritannia1oz100poundsrev-MOCKUP-crop.thumb.jpg.a55a926abf7fe13245568bce4b49c62a.jpg

Above, 2023 one ounce gold, standing Britannia.

2023elizabethiisilverbullionbritannia1oz2poundsrev-MOCKUP-crop.thumb.jpg.92c868916101e1fe466d6a79196da61d.jpg

2023 one ounce silver, standing Britannia.

Although it is purely a hunch, as we are not aware of any Privy Council notices about a new design, I assume that the actual coins will be similar to the above.

We will need to wait to find out.

😎

Chards

1 minute ago, Stuntman said:

It wouldn't surprise me if that was indeed true.

Well I heard from a very reputable source.Just wanted to double check as you guys are closer to this.I would not be surprised if more mint would follow.Perth mint still delays all the lunar coins.They were due out about a month ago.

• 3 weeks later...
On 01/10/2022 at 12:37, dragafem said:

Is it true that the royal mint has melted down 200k 1oz britannias just to put charles on it?

On 01/10/2022 at 12:38, Stuntman said:

It wouldn't surprise me if that was indeed true.

I very much doubt that they would be so wasteful.

King Charles would not like the waste.

Here are some photos of the actual coins:

2023GoldBullionUngraded1OunceBritanniaElizabethIIPoundSterling100poundCoinSingleUnitedKingdomTheRoyalMintstackof10coinspileofrevcrop.thumb.jpg.7f4f59aa9c1a733b2beb06eef423c523.jpg

These looked too minty, so we threw them in a pile to make them look more normal.

2023GoldandSilverBullionUngraded1OunceBritanniaElizabethIIPoundSterlingCoinSingleUnitedKingdomTheRoyalMintrevsizecomparisoncrop.thumb.jpg.2b4be15d9cd7e036152049d6eb807ef0.jpg

I can't remember if have have ordered any platinum ones.

😎

Chards

11 hours ago, LawrenceChard said:

These looked too minty, so we threw them in a pile to make them look more normal. .

I didn't read that, but I know you would have been very careful with them.

I think most TSF members know I like to have a little fun, don't we all?

😎

Yes, I like fun, but one of those has my name on it and I almost had a heart attack!🙈👨‍🦽🙄

So, postal strikes permitting, when when are you going to be despatching my carefully stacked coin then?

1 hour ago, Tortoise said:

Yes, I like fun, but one of those has my name on it and I almost had a heart attack!🙈👨‍🦽🙄

So, postal strikes permitting, when when are you going to be despatching my carefully stacked coin then?

Depends on where in the queue your order is, but our packing team will be working flat out to do ASAP, I daren't ask because they would tell me I am slowing them down.

I think we need a state of the art order status / progress system. 

If we ever get everything else perfect...

😎

Edited by LawrenceChard

Chards