• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Tudor Beasts - 2023 Yale of Beaufort - Pre-Orders Available Now

Pete

23 minutes ago, sixgun said:

Reading around this i see "the Queen's coins did not appear until 1953 - the year after her accession.."
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/breakingnews/banknotes-coins-and-stamps-how-royal-symbols-will-now-change-following-the-queen-s-death/ar-AA11CShc

So there is an overlap period occurs. The Queen has not quite left the building yet.

Just wondering if this has happened before?

I mean there are no 1902 Victoria Coins,Edward VII 1911, George V 1937,George VI 1953 etc, please correct me if I am wrong.

Edited by FriedrichVonHayek

4 hours ago, FriedrichVonHayek said:

With regard to the 2023 Yale of Beaufort Coin, has there ever been an instance where a coin was minted when the Sovereign was dead?

It seems odd that there are coins minted for 2023 featuring the Queen when she died in 2022.

Yes, of course.

It sounds like you have not read this:

The Royal Mint is undoubtedly striking thousands of coins as I am writing this. I think most of their machines run 24/7.

Many of them will be UK coins, and dated 2022, yet the queen is dead, at least according to most media reports.

Some of them may be dated 2023, yet the queen is still dead.

George V, for example died on 20th January 1936, but millions of UK coins were struck that year, including:

1936pennyrev400.jpg.fa66cef504ff6b3a139537378b74b4c6.jpg

No UK coins were issued for Edward VIII, and none for George VI, (who acceeded to the throne on 11th December 1936), until 1937.

😎

Chards

I will be very curious to see how much these "wrong year" Queen's Beasts go for on eBay.

Here's someone chancing their arm with a Gold 1/4oz one.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/144710824088?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=FWBl6EIYRX2&sssrc=2047675&ssuid=HGYvEdibRDO&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

41 minutes ago, FriedrichVonHayek said:

I will be very curious to see how much these "wrong year" Queen's Beasts go for on eBay.

Here's someone chancing their arm with a Gold 1/4oz one.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/144710824088?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=FWBl6EIYRX2&sssrc=2047675&ssuid=HGYvEdibRDO&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Binlord of the week!! 

I placed my order with the RM last week and nothing - Nada - I can even see they have reserved my payment on card as its showing pending payment.

No email, no communication. I am hoping I dont get a bag of balls also to boot when they do deliver.

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

4 hours ago, Gordy said:

2023 Tudor Beasts Yale of Beaufort 2 oz Silver Bullion Coin | eBay

have you seen this one? there are a couple others on under 60 quid and yet this is still being bid up.... 

How much? £102!!

My 2 arrived today. I was going to hang on to them but i might try one on ebayand make a few quid 🤪

Apparently, in the description, the seller says that "Unfortunately the Queen has now passed so     there wil be no more coins after this year "

No more coins? At all? Ever? Bugger!!