• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

vintage bullion

2 minutes ago, dragafem said:

I was just wondering how big is the community here for vintage gold and silver bullion. The uglier and older the better with a nice clean stamp:)

It is not clear from your post whether you are thinking about vintage gold and silver bullion in general, or only about bars, to the exclusion of bullion coins.

I guess you only mean bars, but it would be better to specify this, or include coins, which in any case are a superior form of bullion.

I can recommend a vintage bullion dealer.

😎

Chards

50 minutes ago, dragafem said:

Yes thanks bars only.too much hassle with coins:)

This is certainly a niche area.  There are a few members who like vintage silver bars. 

There was a discussion on a vintage Johnson Matthey 1oz Bar not long ago. Apparently, it was sold for good money.

54 minutes ago, Happypanda88 said:

This is certainly a niche area.  There are a few members who like vintage silver bars. 

There was a discussion on a vintage Johnson Matthey 1oz Bar not long ago. Apparently, it was sold for good money.

It shows on ebay having sold on 4th August for £319 but perhaps the sale fell through - Still for sale https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/165629123343?hash=item269043db0f:g:QQsAAOSwxUpi9YtO

image.thumb.png.cc0e6a35ac3c63d2dbfd293de7ca7802.png

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

1 hour ago, sixgun said:

It shows on ebay having sold on 4th August for £319 but perhaps the sale fell through - Still for sale https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/165629123343?hash=item269043db0f:g:QQsAAOSwxUpi9YtO

image.thumb.png.cc0e6a35ac3c63d2dbfd293de7ca7802.png

The OP may have more than one.

But hey, £310 to me is still a lot of money to pay for an old unattractive 1oz silver bar. 😁

3 hours ago, Happypanda88 said:

The OP may have more than one.

But hey, £310 to me is still a lot of money to pay for an old unattractive 1oz silver bar. 😁

If you look at the tarnish marks on the bar, i do think they are different ones. We were led to believe these were one off's but it looks like he has at least 2 of them.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

6 minutes ago, sixgun said:

If you look at the tarnish marks on the bar, i do think they are different ones. We were led to believe these were one off's but it looks like he has at least 2 of them.

At least 3 bars 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/165583269590

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/165578230965

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/165629123343

and probably more will trickle-down in time

So it seems you guys like vintage silver but what about the gold?Nice and shiny hard to find and sought after gold bars like Harrington,Engelhard,Perth mint and so on. The premiums are skyrocketing for silver and gold vintage bars due to some of these bars are extremely hard to find. I wish I have kept all I had.Some of those I might probably never be able to replace.

20 minutes ago, Leonmarsh said:

Love vintage bullion I have been toying for months in getting a 0.5oz vintage Perth mint  bar button  from chards @LawrenceChard but bhumika won't even knock a quid off for me lol 

Want it to sit next to me Perth mint nugget 

Bhumika is a lovely girl, and so well-trained!

😎

Chards

On 24/08/2022 at 05:13, Leonmarsh said:

Love vintage bullion I have been toying for months in getting a 0.5oz vintage Perth mint  bar button  from chards @LawrenceChard but bhumika won't even knock a quid off for me lol 

Want it to sit next to me Perth mint nugget 

Screenshot_20220819-210612.png

Those 1/2oz buttons are very hard to find so if you see any regardless of premium I would grab it.You might never see another one again.Keep in mind that here in ozland some dealers dont wanna deal with vintage bullion and all gets melted down + the fact that people dont wanna sell it and just sit on it so hardly any surfaces.Most vintage stuff are very well "hidden".