• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Coin Fairs; Advice Please..

Hi gang, i was thinking of attending yorkshire coin fair as its quite local to me. Just after some info/advice really as i am a newbie. Im not looking to purchase older coins, more fractional gold and maybe the odd silver britannia (im on a small budget so investing small and often is the plan). Is it worth me tootling down the m62 or not? How do prices compare to places like this forum? Are modern coins (for lack of a better term) and small bars available at this sort of event?

Any advice/info is very welcome.

Thank you!

If you are treating it as a day to make a purchase of some low premium metals it wont be the best place. If you want a good day out, and a chance to get your hands/eyes on some coins you may only ever see via the web...then it's a load of fun!

After travel, lunch, any of life's expense's, it's much cheaper to buy coins on the bog 🤣

Edit to add. I just went to the London one, and bought a bullion 2022 sov. Just wasn't cheap! 

Edited by SilverDrum

78av.gif

10 minutes ago, SilverDrum said:

If you are treating it as a day to make a purchase of some low premium metals it wont be the best place. If you want a good day out, and a chance to get your hands/eyes on some coins you may only ever see via the web...then it's a load of fun!

After travel, lunch, any of life's expense's, it's much cheaper to buy coins on the bog 🤣

That is where i bought my latest batch of coins! 😂

Thanks for the advice. I may still pop along as its onky 20 mins from me. But with the intention of looking, not buying.

Edited by Murphy1986

3 hours ago, Murphy1986 said:

last sunday of every month at a hotel in huddersfield..

Sounds like a swingers event.... and unicorns are welcome.... saves offending anyone 😂 

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.

21 hours ago, Murphy1986 said:

Hi gang, i was thinking of attending yorkshire coin fair as its quite local to me. Just after some info/advice really as i am a newbie. Im not looking to purchase older coins, more fractional gold and maybe the odd silver britannia (im on a small budget so investing small and often is the plan). Is it worth me tootling down the m62 or not? How do prices compare to places like this forum? Are modern coins (for lack of a better term) and small bars available at this sort of event?

Any advice/info is very welcome.

Thank you!

You might as well go, if not to buy anything but to look at some coins, and talk to people, both dealers and other collectors, stackers, etc.

It is always worth investing some time and effort in learning about anything before you start.

And here on TSF is not a bad place either (or so they tell me!).

🙂

Chards

Just go coin fairs are great there always something there to suit everyones budget.   Most 1oz silvers on the dealers stall at the London coin fair was around £30 per oz,  the buckets of 1oz silvers were £24.50.

Also it's good if you use it to meet up with other collectors/members, the social side of this interest is underrated you get to meet a wide diverse group of people.     Was good to meet @Bigmarc @tallthinkev and @SilverDrum last week at the London coin fair.   

Thanks for the advice @GoldDiggerDave and @LawrenceChard! Much appreciated. I was planning on going regardless. Just good to know.. i didnt want to get there expecting bargains and be disappointed.. i like to be realist in my own expectations.

On 16/06/2022 at 20:49, Murphy1986 said:

That is where i bought my latest batch of coins! 😂

Thanks for the advice. I may still pop along as its onky 20 mins from me. But with the intention of looking, not buying.

You could try asking some of the attendees if they know Harvey (Michael) Ross!

😎

Chards