• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

World Bullion coins, what is out there ?

I often see the British colony (ex) coins like Australia, NZ and USA and we all know of the Austrian Phillies, but what else is out there Bullion wise. Do Germany, France, Portugal ect have there own version of the 1oz bullion coin ? Would be an interesting rabbit hole to go down.

1 hour ago, SovereignBishop said:

I know about that as mentioned above. Wondering if anyone knew about other countries that we don't see often.

I offered the suggestion as you mentioned  Phillys but there are ducats, coronas  and florins there too.

4 hours ago, SovereignBishop said:

I often see the British colony (ex) coins like Australia, NZ and USA and we all know of the Austrian Phillies, but what else is out there Bullion wise. Do Germany, France, Portugal ect have there own version of the 1oz bullion coin ? Would be an interesting rabbit hole to go down.

some simple ones for you

Maples and Krugs and the Cook Islands do the Bounty as a bullion too, the list can be huge for bullion coins

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.

5 hours ago, SovereignBishop said:

https://auragentum.de/gold-goldmuenzen-deutschland/?p=1&o=8&n=24&delivery=1

21 hours ago, SovereignBishop said:

Hmm, what is the NZ bullion gold? 😏 As to the other countries, I'd mention Somalia (Bavaria) Elephant, Noah's Arc from Armenia, Archangel Michael from Ukraine (but not these sad days). And I got quite surprised now to see Mexican Libertads priced much higher than bullion...

15 hours ago, ak74 said:

Hmm, what is the NZ bullion gold? 😏 As to the other countries, I'd mention Somalia (Bavaria) Elephant, Noah's Arc from Armenia, Archangel Michael from Ukraine (but not these sad days). And I got quite surprised now to see Mexican Libertads priced much higher than bullion...

Oh yeah, they are really playing up the low mintages with the Libertads. They're a nice coin, no question, but they are priced way over bullion.

Spain does the Iberian lynx coin. I kind of like it.

Poland does a modern 1oz gold coin with an eagle on it but they are even lower mintages than the Libertads

11 minutes ago, Happypanda88 said:

Last year Laos minted the Tiger (Panthera Tigris) 1oz  .999 Gold BU Coin. It is a bit expensive though (about £300 more than a standard 1oz gold coin) with a mintage of 100.

Screenshot_20220512_100655_com.opera.browser.thumb.png.1233ac67fdc19fa47f1f78e9e99aab62.png

Screenshot_20220512_100728_com.opera.browser.thumb.png.b94103e961c69ff19786542b43460560.png

Wow. Thats a nice looking coin. Id never heard of it!

There's also the Bhutan 1oz gold Lunar series, the 1oz Rwanda Gold BU Coins (the lunar series, the African animal series, the Nautical series etc) and the 1oz Germania .9999 BU Gold Coins. Members here are probably more aware of their silver Germania coins.

Moreover, since 2016 the South Korean mint, KOMSCO has released various gold bullion medal series, “Korean Tiger”, “Chiwoo Cheonwang”, “ZI:SIN” and “K Series”. 

Screenshot_20220512_105643_com.opera.browser.thumb.png.4065b6423b4e7a6c4f8a3585d953bf67.png

Screenshot_20220512_105559_com.opera.browser.thumb.png.55c32d24fff80b6a91b7ee4e6d014089.png

Edited by Happypanda88

3 hours ago, Happypanda88 said:

Last year Laos minted the Tiger (Panthera Tigris) 1oz  .999 Gold BU Coin. It is a bit expensive though (about £300 more than a standard 1oz gold coin) with a mintage of 100.

I think the question was not about the coins in BU quality (Brilliant Uncirculated vs proof) but rather bullion ones, i.e. with the price closest to the spot. ;)  

32 minutes ago, ak74 said:

You are opening a debate that could warrant a separate thread discussing the difference between Bullion and Brilliant Uncirculated gold coins. 😉

For me, the Perth Mint that produces the Kangaroos and the Chinese Mint that produces the Pandas gold coins are far superior in quality of finish than the humble RM gold Britannia. The Kangaroos and Pandas are both sold as bullion in BUNC finish. Where I am, both of the new coins are similarly priced as the Britannia.  I suspect you can guess which ones I buy ! 

Perhaps, it is RM's way to explain away their inferior quality of finish when compared with other mint products. 😬

Edited by Happypanda88

6 hours ago, Happypanda88 said:

You are opening a debate that could warrant a separate thread discussing the difference between Bullion and Brilliant Uncirculated gold coins.

Didn't intend to open a discussion, just thought Bullion always stands for the coins/bars with price close to spot...Also called sometimes investing coins... So actually it's more not about the finish or production quality, but just about pricing. And it would mean e.g. that Libertads are not bullion coins anymore, as priced now with higher mark-up comparing to bullion like Eagles, etc.

Obviously there is some space for confusion in these terms, not least because BU and bullion start with the same letters. :)