• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Modern Sovereign Date Run

Has anyone completed a bullion date run by any chance starting from the 1817? 

I decided to recently have a little stock take and whilst I've not given it much thought before (so quite a lot of multiples) I make it 49 different dates.... So from some preliminary research I've about 105 dates to go?

Bullion only I counted 154 dates? Anybody else get that figure?

Going to be a bit of a work in progress but I like to have my eyes on something in the future. Perhaps I won't get round to the pre Victorias but I'll at least make a start 

6 hours ago, modofantasma said:

Has anyone completed a bullion date run by any chance starting from the 1817? 

I decided to recently have a little stock take and whilst I've not given it much thought before (so quite a lot of multiples) I make it 49 different dates.... So from some preliminary research I've about 105 dates to go?

Bullion only I counted 154 dates? Anybody else get that figure?

Going to be a bit of a work in progress but I like to have my eyes on something in the future. Perhaps I won't get round to the pre Victorias but I'll at least make a start 

No.

After about 58 years, I have still not got, or owned an 1819, so I have not even got past the third date on the list!

😒

Chards

I count 135 from 1838 to 2022. Not counting 1841, the Ansell or King George VI sovs for financial reasons ;) 

I hope that is correct as I am close to completing that date run, if only someone would sell me the 1838 and 1839.... I bought a slabbed 1924, but don't dare to break the slab to be able to stick the 1924 in one of Alun's boxes with all his mates.... 

Edited by Jvw

interesting topic... let's count! (only London mint)

20 pre victorians; 59 victorian's ((35 shield - 10 young head - bear in mind that like this i m counting twice 1871/2/3/4-  6 jubilee - 8 old head); 9 edward; 8 George V, 1 George VI; 

57 Elisabeth's (but consider that from 1983 to 1999 included we are talking about only Proof sovs, not bullion, and that applies to 1937 too); for not saying about the 1953 sov...(which i didnt count in here)

that makes 97 pre Elizabeth + 57 Elizabeth = 154 (again, i counted 1871-2-3-4 twice, i didnt include 1953, and there are 18 proofs)

this is a mere theoretical exercise since, as someone already pointed out, there are some sovs which are just not collectible for 99% of collectors... 

1819-1823-1828-1838-1839-1841-1874-1917

5 minutes ago, refero said:

I'm aware of a few of those dates being 'a bit special' for example the 1917... Are the branch mints such as Sydney or Perth more typical prices? 

1 hour ago, refero said:

interesting topic... let's count! (only London mint)

20 pre victorians; 59 victorian's ((35 shield - 10 young head - bear in mind that like this i m counting twice 1871/2/3/4-  6 jubilee - 8 old head); 9 edward; 8 George V, 1 George VI; 

57 Elisabeth's (but consider that from 1983 to 1999 included we are talking about only Proof sovs, not bullion, and that applies to 1937 too); for not saying about the 1953 sov...(which i didnt count in here)

that makes 97 pre Elizabeth + 57 Elizabeth = 154 (again, i counted 1871-2-3-4 twice, i didnt include 1953, and there are 18 proofs)

this is a mere theoretical exercise since, as someone already pointed out, there are some sovs which are just not collectible for 99% of collectors... 

Don't forget the 1887. It was minted as a young head but also jubilee head. 

8 minutes ago, refero said:

i guess you were referring to Sidney and Melbourne mints. 1887 is quite a crowded year yes)

Indeed I was. I don't stick to London mint only. I count bullion years (all mints).

1 minute ago, refero said:

maybe is my mistake tho; i assumed the goal of this thread was to count London mintage; if we consider all other mints of course figures are totally different!

I was really looking at bullion dates from any of the mints but it's good to know both