• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Another Reason to Stack PM - A Lesson From Russian Sanctions

13 minutes ago, Minimalist said:

How does asking for proof over a claimed event equate to "pick a fight"? 

What kind of proof are you looking for? A statement was made about his personal experience back in 2009. 

Just now, rElks said:

What kind of proof are you looking for? A statement was made about his personal experience back in 2009. 

You might not believe this but human beings have the ability to concoct a psychological process where someone raises doubt or wont believe another persons claim(s), so naturally to eliminate the doubt, its logical and reasonable to ask for proof based on such claims. In my experience this is normal, logical and sensible. Is this an issue here? See, you might not believe this but people can lie and I dont like liars. Its always sensible to have proof when a person makes a substantial claim about a country.

7 minutes ago, Minimalist said:

You might not believe this but human beings have the ability to concoct a psychological process where someone raises doubt or wont believe another persons claim(s), so naturally to eliminate the doubt, its logical and reasonable to ask for proof based on such claims. In my experience this is normal, logical and sensible. Is this an issue here? See, you might not believe this but people can lie and I dont like liars. Its always sensible to have proof when a person makes a substantial claim about a country.

cognitive dissonance

18 minutes ago, Minimalist said:

You have the right to be skeptical. How could a personal event, such as the one stated, from 2009 be proven? That is why I asked what type of proof you are looking for.

Edited by rElks

6 minutes ago, rElks said:

You have the right to be skeptical. That is why I asked what type of proof you are looking for.

Well, I insinuated any type, back in page 1, I was open to Dicker sending it through PM if he wishes. This is all bizarre coming from an account with 7 posts requesting for the "type" and accusing a supposed "fight". Strange and outlandish posts.

1 minute ago, Minimalist said:

Well, I insinuated any type, back in page 1, I was open to Dicker sending it through PM if he wishes. This is all bizarre coming from an account with 7 posts requesting for the "type" and accusing a supposed "fight". Strange and outlandish posts.

As you noticed, I am very new to this forum and very confused by your exchange in posts with Dicker. I could not tell if you were being serious or funny. As I mentioned in my new member post, some of the communications are lost to me in translation. Yes, English is the primary language used on the forum but the meanings behind sayings and statements may be interpreted differently. You must excuse me for being strange, outlandish and bizarre. For all the things you picked up so quickly about me, I am surprised you missed the sarcasms in the "pick a fight" comment. 

4 minutes ago, rElks said:

As you noticed, I am very new to this forum and very confused by your exchange in posts with Dicker. I could not tell if you were being serious or funny. As I mentioned in my new member post, some of the communications are lost to me in translation. Yes, English is the primary language used on the forum but the meanings behind sayings and statements may be interpreted differently. You must excuse me for being strange, outlandish and bizarre. For all the things you picked up so quickly about me, I am surprised you missed the sarcasms in the "pick a fight" comment. 

Xi.thumb.png.05dd3c610424caabcfffa2ff0ad3c058.png

2 hours ago, rElks said:

Does anyone understand what is going on between Minimalist and dicker? Is Minimalist just trying to pick a fight? 

Best to take thier knowledge really as a few characters are grand when you need real world attention to detail.  
Dont take them on in a discourse of opinion regardless if you have the same opinion but differ in subject or detail. ;) 

Edited by Stacktastic

11 hours ago, beacon said:

Agree about not going for phones or cars. But certain watches/brands have certainly been better than holding cash. Rolex steel sports watches (if you can get them at retail at an AD) have lots of upside and hold their value quite well. Some you can even flip immediately on the grey market for a 5x fold return (the Rolex Oyster Perpetual Tiffany blue). 

Hello mate I'm interested in looking this up but what is an AD please?