• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Where to buy Airtight discs for semi-nunis in UK

grace2much

Hi all,  I need some noob advice so some of my terms and names may be wrong.....yikesssss!.  

Where is the "go to" place online to buy airtight discs for individual semi-numis coins. So I can look and handle (through the plastic) and enjoy.

Also with say 100's + of generic maples, Phil or brits etc for pure bullion if I buy in the dealers plastic tubes and then place them in a Tupperware or lock tight container with silica bags do I need airtight tubes for these as well. I'm guessing that since its just for selling if the silver spot price spikes that  this is not necessary since I'm not after any premium.

So to summarise any links to buy airtight single containers in the UK.

Thanks in advance for any help offered.  BTW I did a search and read through 10+ posts but could not find one about where to buy the airtight.... 

@grace2much why would yyou buy 100s of maples or silver eagles if you are in the uk they are not the cheapest .. Britannia's are about the same price and are capital gain tax free (which may or may not be helpful)

Welcome to the site btw

7 minutes ago, 4Nines7Hills said:

@grace2much why would yyou buy 100s of maples or silver eagles if you are in the uk they are not the cheapest .. Britannia's are about the same price and are capital gain tax free (which may or may not be helpful)

Welcome to the site btw

Your probably right 4nines7hills, brits with cgt advantage look like my core choice.  I was only throwing the maples and eagles etc names out there so you guys would know what this newbie was trying to get at.

Just had a look here  and the maples/phil are less than1 eruo cheaper than the brit but with the cgt it probably is the best choice. and even a smaller difference here   I,ll be ordering my first silver small trial order in a few days with a selection of these generic coins just to look at and feel, but the brits so far make the best sense . Though I need to weight some other things up yet.

Thanks again for you help......

1 hour ago, grace2much said:

Also with say 100's + of generic maples, Phil or brits etc for pure bullion if I buy in the dealers plastic tubes and then place them in a Tupperware or lock tight container with silica bags do I need airtight tubes for these as well. I'm guessing that since its just for selling if the silver spot price spikes that  this is not necessary since I'm not after any premium.

Is my storage of the bullion coins like I mentioned above ok?

• Founder & Administrator
2 hours ago, Silvergun said:

Try Coin Gallery for caps.

Coin Gallery sell lighthouse caps, not airtight.

Lighthouse caps have rims and they aren't as nice as the airtight ones which have a more premium feel due to the rims (they are more similar to Perth Mint caps).

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

• Founder & Administrator

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

@grace2much meet @morezone who sells airtites also, just received some from him the other day!

I would just leave them in tubes I don't think it's worth the expense putting everything into caps especially if as you've said you're looking to buy for investment. Usually I take one out and put into a cap to look at.

I vacuum seal tubes on seeing morezone's delivery to me. I bought the JML sealer for 40quid, seems perfect

The Gold Sovereign

The Gold Sovereign aims to provide the most complete online resource to collectors of the world's most popular gold coin - the Sovereign.

www.thegoldsovereign.com    |    contact@thegoldsovereign.com

9 minutes ago, sg86 said:

@grace2much meet @morezone who sells airtites also, just received some from him the other day!

I would just leave them in tubes I don't think it's worth the expense putting everything into caps especially if as you've said you're looking to buy for investment. Usually I take one out and put into a cap to look at.

I vacuum seal tubes on seeing morezone's delivery to me. I bought the JML sealer for 40quid, seems perfect

looked at the jml machine, seems perfect for the job. I PMed morezone so thanks for that headsup

@grace2much cgt only kicks in if you sell a lot of coins in 1 year, like when you are  cashing out for retirement or something like that..... You may never reach the threshold but unless you have a particular looking for maple and eagles I wouldn't but them as someone from the UK ... Others on here do so take that with a pinch of salt.

5 minutes ago, SilverSniper said:

This chap on eBay imports Air Tite Capsules, and sells many sizes (and Lighthouse too).

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/aandysaantiquities/

The prices on his website are cheaper
:) He is a great seller and ships super quick! 

http://www.coingallery.co.uk/air-tite-ringed-capsules-37-c.asp

8 hours ago, SilverSniper said:

This chap on eBay imports Air Tite Capsules, and sells many sizes (and Lighthouse too).

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/aandysaantiquities/

8 hours ago, ApisMellifera said:

The prices on his website are cheaper
:) He is a great seller and ships super quick! 

http://www.coingallery.co.uk/air-tite-ringed-capsules-37-c.asp

These are NOT air-tite capsules.  They are lighthouse capsules with a genuine air-tite ring.

Quote from website:

"These Lighthouse coin capsules are made of extra durable, scratch resistant acrylic. Secure locking yet easy to open. The genuine Airtite rings are made from Volara and are completely free from PVC and other harmful chemicals ensuring your coins can be safely stored."

14 hours ago, morezone said:

These are NOT air-tite capsules.  They are lighthouse capsules with a genuine air-tite ring.

Quote from website:

"These Lighthouse coin capsules are made of extra durable, scratch resistant acrylic. Secure locking yet easy to open. The genuine Airtite rings are made from Volara and are completely free from PVC and other harmful chemicals ensuring your coins can be safely stored."

How strange,  you are of course correct; perhaps he stopped importing the AirTites.   Which is a shame as I've bought many off him in the past (yes I know the difference).

11 hours ago, SilverSniper said:

How strange,  you are of course correct; perhaps he stopped importing the AirTites.   Which is a shame as I've bought many off him in the past (yes I know the difference).

No idea.  I've been buying bits and pieces regularly off him through eBay and his website (sometime eBay is cheaper) for 2 years but I have never seen him with Air-Tites.  Maybe it was a one off or something.

No idea.  I've been buying bits and pieces regularly off him through eBay and his website (sometime eBay is cheaper) for 2 years but I have never seen him with Air-Tites.  Maybe it was a one off or something.

Andy has never sold airtites to my knowledge either, I have been dealing with him for 3 years plus.

Stacker since 2013

Archived