• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Expert Says GOLD Could Hit $100,000 Soon!! ( Here's How )

Paul

10 minutes ago, SidS said:

To hell with silver...

Nickel's too expensive, you've gotta have deep pockets for that.

I'm stacking tin from now on! 😁

I'm stacking credit card statements after RM release overload past six months.

Can always burn them for free heat I suppose  

I do believe gold will increase in price, but $100K gold is definitely "no way".   At $100K gold, we are looking at the end of civilization as we know it, global SHTF scenario.   I would hate to imagine what cost of food, commodities, inflation, etc would be that justifies $100K gold price.  You will have the elite few surviving, and the rest of the world dying of starvation.  Be careful of what you wish for, it may give you what you want and take a large bite of your ass at the same time.

This is a more plausible scenario: I recently watched a Kitco News interview with Rick Rule.  In the video, Rick Rule stated that India could sell their gold to North America/rest of the world.  In return, India buys Russian gold at a discount because of the sanctions on Russia.  This becomes a win-win situation for everyone (i.e. in terms of global gold supply) - Russia unloads gold for Indian fiat currency or whatever they want to trade it for; India gets Russian gold at a discount because they know Russia is desperate and turns the screws on them; India sells their own gold (or Russian gold) at market price and makes a profit; America/rest of world gets alternative gold supply that is lost from Russian trade sanctions.   I'm not saying this is the way it will play out, just a possible scenario.   If this scenario is plausible and doable, gold price should not skyrocket due to supply issues; it would only increase due to geo-political issues and inflation, just to name a few.  My 2 cents.

Edited by SilverStorm

I know Russia is on a tight spot but I really can’t imagine them giving their gold away like you describe, given the deliberate strategy to accumulate over recent years and in times of sanctions. More likely they would sell Migs etc at discounted rates, or football clubs😄

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

Will gold go up to $100,000 per troy oz, or equivalent in value to what you can buy today for that amount?  Absolutely, yes!!  But probably not in my lifetime.  In my lifetime I strongly believe it'll be much, much higher than where it is now.  

What has gone up the most over the average lifetime of say, 80 or 90 years?

For example, the value of houses - what was the biggest gain from 80/90 years ago to now?  Could you buy a house for £1,000 90 years ago and it is now worth over 100 times more today??

Anything else that has gone up higher to gage what is possible???

The potential for gold to go much higher is so strong...  What's the total global debt, including shadow banking debt (non conventional banking debt) and the total gold mined, used in society or sat in vaults etc.  How much does gold have to revalue, to wipe away all that global debt? 

I'd say $100,000 is there or thereabouts.

When will that global debt start to be wiped away, over what time frame / how quickly?

When will all the gold be mined, that can be feasibly mined?  2030's?  Could that be when gold starts to really 'shine' and reflect more towards its true value?

My 2 cents / pennies worth.

Edited by GoldenGriffin

If gold has the potential to increase 100 times, but actually goes up 20 times in a lifetime, who would pass their gold down to the next generation, so they could see their wealth increase 20 times or so in their lifetime?

Or would you just sell it?

When reading statements as "Gold will go to 100K " maybe people should first ask the question who can still buy this at that price?? And if the answer is: " Almost nobody," you know this will never happen.

On the other hand, if we have a hyper inflation that puts a zero after our money bills every so many weeks, the 100K is possible but how will this 100K compare with the value today ???

Video's like that are just clickbait and in my eyes also dangerous to lure people in who thinks they will be millionaires or billionaires in a few months and maybe spend money they don't have ...

7 hours ago, Centauri167 said:

When reading statements as "Gold will go to 100K " maybe people should first ask the question who can still buy this at that price?? And if the answer is: " Almost nobody," you know this will never happen.

If gold did go to $100,000 an oz, I'd have to find $25,000 for 1/4 oz, $10,000 for 1/10 oz, or $2,500 for 1/40 oz.

Still possible to buy, but for the majority, it would be very little and for the very few, it would be on par with the amount the majority of us are used to buying today.

If I was to guess, my 'conservative'  guess, is that it would reach anywhere between $15,000 and $25,000 from 10 to 30 years from now.

But, who knows!!

Edited by GoldenGriffin

9 hours ago, GoldenGriffin said:

If gold did go to $100,000 an oz, I'd have to find $25,000 for 1/4 oz, $10,000 for 1/10 oz, or $2,500 for 1/40 oz.

Still possible to buy, but for the majority, it would be very little and for the very few, it would be on par with the amount the majority of us are used to buying today.

If I was to guess, my 'conservative'  guess, is that it would reach anywhere between $15,000 and $25,000 from 10 to 30 years from now.

But, who knows!!

I think that your price target and the time to get there is very realistic but I hope it will not happen because it means that the massive inflation we have now will be for the long run ...

Edited by Centauri167

16 hours ago, Centauri167 said:

I think that your price target and the time to get there is very realistic but I hope it will not happen because it means that the massive inflation we have now will be for the long run ...

Thanks @Centauri167

If the suppression of the gold price was to unravel more so than ever before, it'll be after all the gold has been mined (that is financially viable to mine).

I just hope I can 'dodge' as much 'unwanted' inflation as possible during the next 10 to 30 years, but I'm sure that will be really hard, and in some cases totally impossible.

The small increments of inflation that I welcome is, gold inflating and steadily going up!! 

Edited by GoldenGriffin