• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mail not so special delivery

Agaumac

My last two RMSD have arrived 24 hrs late, on both occasions being sent to COR for grading.

I was very happy with how RM handled it. I used the online late delivery refund form and had costs refunded to me via cheque in post, within a week on both occasions.

Most pleased. Okay, the parcels arrived a day late, but they got there safely and ended up free of charge to me.

The form can be found on this page;

https://personal.help.royalmail.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/19906/~/my-special-delivery-item-was-delivered-late-and%2For-without-a-signature%2C-how-do

8 hours ago, SilverJacks said:

My last two RMSD have arrived 24 hrs late, on both occasions being sent to COR for grading.

I was very happy with how RM handled it. I used the online late delivery refund form and had costs refunded to me via cheque in post, within a week on both occasions.

Most pleased. Okay, the parcels arrived a day late, but they got there safely and ended up free of charge to me.

The form can be found on this page;

https://personal.help.royalmail.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/19906/~/my-special-delivery-item-was-delivered-late-and%2For-without-a-signature%2C-how-do

Thanks for the link, getting onto it now.

HA!

This is brilliant, I will share the 4 cheques I am due in the next few weeks for international packages that were "returned to sender" for unknown reasons...

Literally, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands and Denmark

This is despite the fact that 3 of the four (Italy excluded) have had items successfully sent to the same people earlier in the year with no issues with the exact same customs forms and everything. 

I know a lot of people hate blaming Brexit for things, but this is ENTIRELY down to Brexit and the complete mess it has caused shipping internationally from the UK into Europe. 

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

• 1 month later...
Just now, Piperscoins said:

Surely if the customer pays for delivery it is them who shoud get the refund not the seller!!!! It is the seller who broke the contract!!!! 🤣

Well, most of the time I will have an all in cost or free postage for larger orders. On smaller ones I have always gone back and refunded postage where appropriate. 

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

Just now, Piperscoins said:

Surely if the customer pays for delivery it is them who shoud get the refund not the seller!!!! It is the seller who broke the contract!!!! 🤣

I read time and time again on this forum delivery is at buyers risk! 

2 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

Well, most of the time I will have an all in cost or free postage for larger orders. On smaller ones I have always gone back and refunded postage where appropriate. 

From your youtube videos i think we know you refund BYB. 

45 minutes ago, Piperscoins said:

I read time and time again on this forum delivery is at buyers risk! 

It is only the seller who is eligible to make the claim on the link provided earlier in the thread. One of the sales was for a gold coin and I included  SD as part of the sale, the other I chose to upgrade for my peace of mind as I considered the value of the sale worthy. I offered the buyer full refund for his postage on first signed which was refused but have agreed to give free postage on any further purchases.

I had a issue last week with Royal Fail.

Bought a gold coin on here, next day by 1pm. Got to my area but then was put on hold and stated they had been informed not to deliver ???

Ended up driving down to the depot and asked what was going on and they just said because it was going to a business address they presumed it was closed "Been 24/7 since we bought the building in 2008 LOL"

Thankfully they had the coin in the back so collected - was annoyed at the passing the buck.

18 hours ago, Piperscoins said:

I bought a coin from an Auction who used RMSD It arrived to my delivery office fine, then it was sent to Manchester where they opened it checked it said it was ok then sent it to me.  So i don't know whats at Manchester. 

Nosey bandits by the sounds of it!