• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Una and the Lion 2021 Silver Christmas Tree Decoration from the Royal Mint

Zhorro

• Zhorro changed the title to Una and the Lion 2021 Silver Christmas Tree Decoration from the Royal Mint
19 minutes ago, Chrisplym said:

I quite like these too. How much do they weigh?

Good question!  It does not actually state the weight!

There will only be 200 of the silver decoration, and 100 of the gold plated one (which is now also in stock).

On 05/10/2021 at 20:13, Chrisplym said:

I quite like these too. How much do they weigh?

53 minutes ago, SilverJacks said:

@Zhorro Do they weigh enough to necessitate even distribution around your tree and cause any branch they are hung on to point vertically downwards?

According to my scales the gold plated on silver decoration is 26.02 grams, so presumably it is 26 grams of silver and 0.02 grams of gold plate?

Regarding the impact on the branch of a Christmas Tree - it is back to the philosophical question of how big is a Christmas Tree!

2021Decorationweight.jpg

5 hours ago, SilverJacks said:

I can see them being quite collectable in future. What's the odds of a Three Graces next year... 

Are you gonna hang it up? I'd be too scared of damaging it 😂

It probably depends how well these sell this year as to whether there is a Tree Graces one next year.

It does come with a warning (care card) - see below.  So as long as your Christmas Tree does not have needles, you should be ok.

Warning001.JPG

18 minutes ago, Chrisplym said:

Thanks for the photos. Are you pleased with it? Is there much detail to the design? 

Yes, I am happy with it.  It is a decent size.  I suppose the design might be clearer on the plain silver version rather than on the gold plated one, but my eye-sight is not the best!

I have noticed that the star Christmas tree decoration:

https://www.royalmint.com/gifts/by-occasion/christmas/christmas-tree-decoration-star/

is listed as having a weight of 139.00 kg. At the price of £95.00 that is a cracking deal for 139.00 kg of sterling silver. It must be a Christmas special on behalf of the Royal Mint. But it would need to be one hell of a tree to hold such a decoration :)

Edited by ShadowTriad

24 minutes ago, ShadowTriad said:

I have noticed that the Star Christmas tree decoration:

https://www.royalmint.com/gifts/by-occasion/christmas/christmas-tree-decoration-star/

is listed as having a weight of 139.00 kg. At the price of £95.00 that is a cracking deal for 139.00 kg of sterling silver. It must be a Christmas special on behalf of the Royal Mint. But it would need to be one hell of a tree to hold such a decoration :)

I wonder if you ordered this...took a photo of their advert stating 139.00 kg they would have to honour that as it would come under the law of false advertising if they didn't deliver what they are selling.....?????? Food for thought.🤔🤔

12 hours ago, Zhorro said:

According to my scales the gold plated on silver decoration is 26.02 grams, so presumably it is 26 grams of silver and 0.02 grams of gold plate?

Regarding the impact on the branch of a Christmas Tree - it is back to the philosophical question of how big is a Christmas Tree!

2021Decorationweight.jpg

Thanks for the picture! Is the back of the ornament just a flat surface? Interesting the image on the Royal Mint's website doesn't show the stamp markings.

9 hours ago, CollectorNo1 said:

I wonder if you ordered this...took a photo of their advert stating 139.00 kg they would have to honour that as it would come under the law of false advertising if they didn't deliver what they are selling.....?????? Food for thought.🤔🤔

It would be interesting to try. Though no doubt they would find a way around it but saying its obvious from the picture or the price or will give a refund instead. Unfortunately the Christmas tree decoration lists the height and width so it would either have to have a large depth or be made of an alloy of silver and a neutron star or another equally dense material. But having a Christmas tree decoration made out of part of a neutron start would be a hell of a lot more pricy and exciting. I would buy so buy one of those :)

Edited by ShadowTriad

5 hours ago, Altitudes said:

Thanks for the picture! Is the back of the ornament just a flat surface? Interesting the image on the Royal Mint's website doesn't show the stamp markings.

13 hours ago, Zhorro said:

The otherside is just the embossed reverse of the front:

2021DecorationReverse.jpg

I posted a picture of the reverse in the "Today I received thread".  It is just the embossed reverse of the front.