• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Queens Beasts 2oz Silver Griffin

Wadsworth

My last coin for the QB that I need is the Griffin. The cheapest I have found this coin is £150 on ebay. This seems like a lot, especially as the other coins I managed to get for £60-85 each! 

Is that a fair price for the Griffin coin? Or do I need to be patient? On ebay sold listings I have seen that over the last few months it has sold for £100-120 so not sure why it has shot up in price over the last few weeks!

I am worried if I leave it, it will continue to go up in price! What do people think?

Thanks!

The Griffin is expensive as its the most collectible for some reason - best looking one by far IMO too. 
First coin I bought actually was the 10oz as my sons called Edward. A future present for a milestone event. 
I paid around £65-75 for mine but that was last year - seems expensive with a £17 spot price! 

VAT & Ebay fees need to be taken into consideration - ask on here we all have QB sets
I have 6 x 2oz - 4 spares, but Im not selling unless its for £150. ;) 

Edited by Stacktastic

25 minutes ago, Wadsworth said:

My last coin for the QB that I need is the Griffin. The cheapest I have found this coin is £150 on ebay. This seems like a lot, especially as the other coins I managed to get for £60-85 each! 

Is that a fair price for the Griffin coin? Or do I need to be patient? On ebay sold listings I have seen that over the last few months it has sold for £100-120 so not sure why it has shot up in price over the last few weeks!

I am worried if I leave it, it will continue to go up in price! What do people think?

Thanks!

Have you tried contacting the seller and making them an offer??

I'd just be patient and wait if he wont take a lower offer, patience in this game is key sometimes, one went a couple of month ago on ebay for 80 odd quid so you can get them cheaper at times

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.

@WadsworthThe cheaper Griffins seem to come and go in waves, probably due to the "max seller fee" promotions that run every couple weeks. When these promotions start, sellers list at once, resulting in more choice and more reasonable price.

Then there are others that have them listed at much higher prices and are prepared to wait for someone like yourself to come along, by that I mean someone that considers buying a Griffin there and then.

If you get one for under £90 you've done well. I'd say going rate on ebay is around £100, or more broadly £90-£120. I've seen tatty looking ones go for as much as £160 although I think that was down to a bidding war. I'd wait until there is greater choice. Someone recently listed as many as a dozen of them in one go, resulting in them selling for reasonable prices. But they were selling in pairs with other coins. I considered bidding myself just because of the prices on offer.

I recently bought a slabbed one on the forum (PCGS 69) for £120 inc SD. Very minor milk spots, almost unnoticeable in most lights. I think it would be very difficult to find one better than that. There are spotless ones out there but they are very rare and of the spotless ones on ebay, some, perhaps most, will be cleaned.

I'd recommend making a wanted post on the trade section of the forum first. Hope this is of some help.

56 minutes ago, SilverJacks said:

@WadsworthThe cheaper Griffins seem to come and go in waves, probably due to the "max seller fee" promotions that run every couple weeks. When these promotions start, sellers list at once, resulting in more choice and more reasonable price.

Then there are others that have them listed at much higher prices and are prepared to wait for someone like yourself to come along, by that I mean someone that considers buying a Griffin there and then.

If you get one for under £90 you've done well. I'd say going rate on ebay is around £100, or more broadly £90-£120. I've seen tatty looking ones go for as much as £160 although I think that was down to a bidding war. I'd wait until there is greater choice. Someone recently listed as many as a dozen of them in one go, resulting in them selling for reasonable prices. But they were selling in pairs with other coins. I considered bidding myself just because of the prices on offer.

I recently bought a slabbed one on the forum (PCGS 69) for £120 inc SD. Very minor milk spots, almost unnoticeable in most lights. I think it would be very difficult to find one better than that. There are spotless ones out there but they are very rare and of the spotless ones on ebay, some, perhaps most, will be cleaned.

I'd recommend making a wanted post on the trade section of the forum first. Hope this is of some help.

Great advice, thankyou. Good to know the approx value of the coin. I think I will be patient and wait like you say for the max seller fee promotion.

Thanks

I've got a milk spotted NGC slabbed MS69 I'm willing to take offers on. If interested I'll check how bad the spotting is and compare it to the NGC register to see if it was graded with the one spot I believe it has (I don't think so, but it's possible - especially seeing the recent 2oz Proofs being graded as PF68/69 with spots).

Edited by kimchi

• 1 month later...
On 16/09/2021 at 17:07, Wadsworth said:

Great advice, thankyou. Good to know the approx value of the coin. I think I will be patient and wait like you say for the max seller fee promotion.

Thanks

I've got some bullion Silver completer coins,not proofs....when I recd them they were perfect...one I noticed around a month ago developed a tiny milk spot...wasn't happy but it was tiny..cest la vie. But now it has got alot worse....So I'm guessing once you get a signs of milkspots no matter how tiny they can spread like some horrid disease??

• 1 month later...