• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2021 UK Queen's Beasts Completer 1oz Gold Coin

muneeb

I assume that's the bullion coin ?

Can we know - Who was the seller ?

Edited by Coverte

A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they will never sit in.

19 minutes ago, FlorinCollector said:

If bought from the Royal mint it will be supplied in a capsule and usually better quality. Bought from any other dealer it will be supplied in a tube to them so the coins will rub on each other to give some small issues. 

Ahh okay thankyou ! Got it from Atkinsons.

29 minutes ago, Coverte said:

I assume that's the bullion coin ?

Can we know - Who was the seller ?

Atkinsons mate

Just now, muneeb said:

Ahh okay thankyou ! Got it from Atkinsons.

Atkinsons mate

Bullion beast 2021, yes.

I will whinge and moan about quality of proof coins.

With bullion coins, you have to accept contact marks as they are normally stacked in tubes and handled.

Even bullion products in blister packs are no guarantee against contact marks.

Edited by GoldDiggerDave
Typo

It can be variable with bullion, but yes with extra transport in tubes they can and do rub together, usually one of the worst areas is the Queen's cheek. But they are treated pretty roughly at production too so I wouldn't expect perfection straight from the Mint (even the minting process can be bad!).

That said my one from Atkinson's looks pretty good, and in the past I bought some lovely new Britannias from Bullion By Post (until I worked out there are cheaper places).

Even with slight scratches I think these are lovely bullion which should at least retain the slight premium over e.g. Brits and are a good investment, I would not hesitate to pick up more if I had the funds :)

4 minutes ago, kimchi said:

Your first three pieces of gold and silver?

Yes, my first three pieces! Also thank you, you helped me in one of my other threads. Atkinsons saved me around £50, so cheers for that.

Regards

Just now, muneeb said:

Yes, my first three pieces! Also thank you, you helped me in one of my other threads. Atkinsons saved me around £50, so cheers for that.

Regards

Well, very nice indeed, a fantastic first three pieces in my humble opinion and very glad to help! :)