• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Looking for Investment ideas

Hi there,

I have just finished university, and have around £1500 to invest. I am looking to invest my money to make profit from things such as gold, silver, trading stocks, crypto, gold mining or any other suggestions anyone can give me please!! I would really appreciate the help. Anything I can buy and sell on profit and invest somewhere where I have money coming in!

Regards

Hi,

£1,500 isn’t a huge amount mate and it’s probably wise to keep that as a cash emergency fund. Even I’ve had to cash in the odd gold coin for an emergency cash flow need.

Why not just start investing in one full sovereign each month? Start saving in gold rather than cash but keep your £1,500 just in case next months salary doesn’t come in when expected etc.

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

5 minutes ago, MancunianStacker said:

Hi,

£1,500 isn’t a huge amount mate and it’s probably wise to keep that as a cash emergency fund. Even I’ve had to cash in the odd gold coin for an emergency cash flow need.

Why not just start investing in one full sovereign each month? Start saving in gold rather than cash but keep your £1,500 just in case next months salary doesn’t come in when expected etc.

Hi,

Thank you for your reply and concern. This is spare money I have to invest and spend, sorry for not being clear. What type of sovereign coin would you suggest? Do these sell easily too?

Regards

9 minutes ago, TommyTwoShots said:

Build some cash holdings, pay down any debt, start to work on a secure job. Split your money and add a bit into a good stock market fund every month. I use lindsell train global equity.  Consider about 20% in gold and silver.

I have money but it's just laying in my bank. I really want to invest it and double up if possible. I am looking for jobs at the same time, hopefully I secure one soon!

Any tips on how to know wheat stock to invest in and when to take it out etc? How are the fees lindsell too? Thank you for your help btw:).

Regards

10 minutes ago, muneeb said:

Hi,

Thank you for your reply and concern. This is spare money I have to invest and spend, sorry for not being clear. What type of sovereign coin would you suggest? Do these sell easily too?

Regards

Yes sovs sell very easy and do not cost too much for buyers. The proof 2017, 2012, 2005 and 1989s have a special design and getting one of each could be a good play.

Read and learn a lot on this forum. Good luck 🤞 

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

12 minutes ago, MancunianStacker said:

Yes sovs sell very easy and do not cost too much for buyers. The proof 2017, 2012, 2005 and 1989s have a special design and getting one of each could be a good play.

Read and learn a lot on this forum. Good luck 🤞 

Where can I buy cheap sovs from and then sell them on for profit? Can you please guide me. Thank you once again for your help!

Hi,

Gold is highly liquid, well priced and if you are thinking about making a turn on buying and selling gold or silver you may be disappointed.

People don’t sell gold cheaply, not can you sell at a great deal over spot unless the market moves.  

Gold works best as a mechanism to preserve wealth over the long term.  

Best

Dicker

Not my circus, not my monkeys

12 minutes ago, muneeb said:

Where can I buy cheap sovs from and then sell them on for profit? Can you please guide me. Thank you once again for your help!

cheapest sovs i've seen recently have been at Costco... £325.00 and on here some members sell them cheaper.. you just need to be quick!

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.

7 minutes ago, dicker said:

Hi,

Gold is highly liquid, well priced and if you are thinking about making a turn on buying and selling gold or silver you may be disappointed.

People don’t sell gold cheaply, not can you sell at a great deal over spot unless the market moves.  

Best

Dicker

Ahh that is very true. Would you suggest any other investment ideas where profits can be made?

Regards

Mb

6 minutes ago, Gordy said:

cheapest sovs i've seen recently have been at Costco... £325.00 and on here some members sell them cheaper.. you just need to be quick!

Thank you for your help. They sell around for the same price though on ebay?

Having worked in investment banks for my entire career, I don’t give advice. 

What I can tell you is that trading complex products like CFD’s is likely to lose you money unless you have the smarts to build models. If you are looking for much safer Investments, paethaps start with research into 3-5 companies in which you can buy stock and then invest. 

Best

Dicker

Not my circus, not my monkeys

1 hour ago, muneeb said:

You won't make any money as a coin dealer/flipper.

If you want quick profits, get yourself to the bookies or follow some FX dealers on Instagram. 

Hopefully no offence caused by bluntness but gold is a lonnnng game and silver even more so at the moment.

Do some research and read the posts on Chards or Atkinson's where they discuss such matters to learn more about precious metals. 

I think I read somewhere you had £1500 to invest. Put it into a market tracker and check back in 10/20yrs as you won't be getting rich over night on that amount I am afraid.

1 hour ago, dicker said:

Hi,

Best

Dicker

Sound advice. Gold is a wealth preservation tool imo.

7 minutes ago, TringSilver said:

You won't make any money as a coin dealer/flipper.

If you want quick profits, get yourself to the bookies or follow some FX dealers on Instagram. 

Hopefully no offence caused by bluntness but gold is a lonnnng game and silver even more so at the moment.

Do some research and read the posts on Chards or Atkinson's where they discuss such matters to learn more about precious metals. 

I think I read somewhere you had £1500 to invest. Put it into a market tracker and check back in 10/20yrs as you won't be getting rich over night on that amount I am afraid.

Hi there,

No worries at all! No offence caused at all. Thank you for your help! What do you mean by FX dealers also are there any market trackers you recommend for me to use? 

Regards

3 minutes ago, StackemHigh said:

With such amounts of cash it's car boot sales find something cheap then clean up sell for profit on the bay.

Petrol lighters for example, can be earners if you find nice ones.

Any websites you recommend to find cheap petrol lighters?

Regards

I was in your position 3 years ago when I finished uni. My thoughts were looking at wages and the life I wanted to live one day. I found compound interest videos and saving a bit of each wage puts you well ahead of the crowd. 

Firstly I picked a job that paid more than most when fresh out of uni, nothing to do with my degree. Everyone else at uni was either out of work for years trying to get a start or being paid pennies at the bottom level of their chosen field. 

Now i'm 25 and have saved a considerable amount. This is what you should focus on first. Get a job not the dream job. Start stacking the money while you look for the dream job. Don't sit about you will regret it. 

Edited by FlorinCollector

Personally I would keep the money in the bank until I see opportunity. I would never "again" go all in on one thing. Alarm bells are ringing for me when you say you want to double your money and get out (i am assuming short term). The only way that is possible is by pure luck or risky investments. The precious metals game is as much of a interest to me as it is an investment, many people here have put a lot of time and effort into this passion with the "hope" it will reap rewards in the future. Again, buying bits from car boots and flipping it is a passion, years of knowing what to look for and if you go looking for a certain item it may take weeks to find (it's a art). Shares, I've lost more money than I've made, as I was always looking for a quick return, this leads to more risky investments. I did find a way of making a quick 20% but you have to wait for bp to dump a load of oil in the sea or a massive container ship to get stuck in the Suez but never full proof. I am currently doing "ok" on the crypto front, if prices resume to what they were 3 months ago then there is a good chance to double your money, all I say is set goals and stick to them. 

All you need to do is find your passion, Learn it, spend hours reading and researching it (ignore YouTube) and find a way to make it financially work for you because if there was a easy way of getting cheap sovs, we will all be all over it.

2 hours ago, FlorinCollector said:

I was in your position 3 years ago when I finished uni. My thoughts were looking at wages and the life I wanted to live one day. I found compound interest videos and saving a bit of each wage puts you well ahead of the crowd. 

Firstly I picked a job that paid more than most when fresh out of uni, nothing to do with my degree. Everyone else at uni was either out of work for years trying to get a start or being paid pennies at the bottom level of their chosen field. 

Now i'm 25 and have saved a considerable amount. This is what you should focus on first. Get a job not the dream job. Start stacking the money while you look for the dream job. Don't sit about you will regret it. 

Thank you for your reply. Appreciate the advise too. Can I ask what job you went on to doing? 

Defo need to keep my

options open.

On 08/07/2021 at 00:27, kimchi said:

Prices vary. Which sellers are you looking at?

If you can guarantee a genuine coin from a seller of course cheaper is better.

On 08/07/2021 at 00:34, kimchi said:

Sorry I don't know gold.co.uk but I'm sure others here do.

The Royal Mint are usually more expensive.

Atkinsons are £1397.11 <edit> right now

https://atkinsonsbullion.com/gold/gold-coins/1oz-gold-coins/2021-uk-queen-s-beasts-completer-1oz-gold-coin

59 minutes ago, Bigmarc said:

Personally I would keep the money in the bank until I see opportunity. I would never "again" go all in on one thing. Alarm bells are ringing for me when you say you want to double your money and get out (i am assuming short term). The only way that is possible is by pure luck or risky investments. The precious metals game is as much of a interest to me as it is an investment, many people here have put a lot of time and effort into this passion with the "hope" it will reap rewards in the future. Again, buying bits from car boots and flipping it is a passion, years of knowing what to look for and if you go looking for a certain item it may take weeks to find (it's a art). Shares, I've lost more money than I've made, as I was always looking for a quick return, this leads to more risky investments. I did find a way of making a quick 20% but you have to wait for bp to dump a load of oil in the sea or a massive container ship to get stuck in the Suez but never full proof. I am currently doing "ok" on the crypto front, if prices resume to what they were 3 months ago then there is a good chance to double your money, all I say is set goals and stick to them. 

All you need to do is find your passion, Learn it, spend hours reading and researching it (ignore YouTube) and find a way to make it financially work for you because if there was a easy way of getting cheap sovs, we will all be all over it.

59 minutes ago, Bigmarc said:

Hi there,

Thank you for your advise and guidance. I am not looking to put it all in but to invest some in and even get like a return off £15 a day or even 10.. something just coming in my bank when I put money in.

I went into crypto too however the market crash really ruined the look of my Binance haha. Can I ask what you invested in and if you suggest any investments to make atm because of the dip? 

regards

1 hour ago, muneeb said:

Any suggestions on what app and what stock to invest in?

Where can I buy these? Also shall I wait for the prices to drop or shall I buy in now?

Cookies & terms of service

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies and to our Privacy Policy & Terms of Use