• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I bought.....

.........oh and just to be different, today I bought..................wait for it........................ 0.1 Bitcoins. I blame our resident Dr for that one.

Oddly enough, I bought 0.1 bitcoin earlier too.

I blame the same person.

Ha ha

Stacker since 2013

i got bored tonight, nothing on Ebay took my fancy so I bought another 0.05 bit coins. I'm definately going to keep to my plan though. Get £200 of bit coins, see what they are worth after two months and if I've made a little profit, blow the whole lot at Bitgild. I'm thinking I might be able to get my £ per oz down this way. If I lose the £200, chalk it down to experience, and move on. 

Don't get bitcoins at all, don't know where they came from, why they are even a thing or what the appeal is of them in any form.

Have read of the dedicated bitcoin thread if you are interested, lots of interesting discussion and explanations there.

Stacker since 2013

Sounds good but I am confused...... Kilo collection? A kilo is 32 Oz.  How can 4 coins = 45Oz?

That's what the collection is called Sham 1kg +10oz+2oz+1oz, I only really wanted the 10ozer as I already have the 2 coin set 2oz and 1oz 1994 proofs ,but I've been after a proof 1kg coin for a while , so I bit the bullet and bought the kilo set.

Not all of the coins are 1kg at a guess.

Kg, 10oz, 2oz, 1oz maybe?

You've got it Danny

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

So much for saving up for gold bought a Saltwater Croc from Atkinsons for £20.03 delivered, i have been reading all the posts here and the more i read the more i want to buy, so i blame you lot for motivating me to stack wile it is cheap.

I thought this was a good buy with potential, time will tell.

Makes my average @ £21.41 now. 

I bought a 9ct sapphire ring for the girlfriend, hallmarks rubbed il test it, certainly looks like gold, and a collection of coins, hard to tell how many are silver (my eagle eyes tell me at least a few are) or if il be up or down on this buy(£28 delivered)..but I felt like a gamble.

post-117-0-06190100-1401960124_thumb.jpg

post-117-0-72681000-1401960138_thumb.jpg

My guess is five of those shillings at the bottom look like good pre 1920 ones.

I'm going to have a punt that the top right coin in the sleeve will be 1920.

And I can see a 1945 half-crown right in the middle.

Edited by Helping Hands

Thats pretty much where i got too also, i think the threepence's are all silver, and at least one of the 8 florins at the top is 50% hoping a few are, looks like a Qe2 sixpence at the top of the blister pack of sixpences but im hoping a few inside are silver, and might be some world silver coins in the tin but unlikely, 

The seller doesn't usually sell coins so that leads me to believe its a genuine old collection not a collection of cupro with a few silvers put in to tempt lol.

Looks like you'll do ok out of that. Does anybody use this website for quick coin values? Good for me because it has both uk and USA coins listed and easy to see:

http://www.bullionspotprice.com/silver

It's the top bookmark on my iphone browser :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats a pretty handy website! generally though I know what each coin weighs in grams and round it down, for instance a shilling is about 5.5 grams I count it as five , a sixpence is 2.7 i count it as 2.5..just to allow for some general wear. 

Have bookmarked that site though thanks be handy for other countries coins.

Decided to purchase 0.5 BTC to round up my holdings to a whole one. My £/BTC average stands at £390.72.

Where did you buy MZ?

Congrats on your first whole coin. Planning on any more?

Stacker since 2013

Where did you buy MZ?

Congrats on your first whole coin. Planning on any more?

https://localbitcoins.com/

I will probably buy more.  If it goes down in value, then :( . But I only need 20% increase before it makes gold purchases attractive.  It is a bit of a gamble and I think I will eventually get 6 which I hope to get 5oz for.