• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I bought.....

75 x pre 47 threepences. 

Sorry my "today i bought" are always pretty boring its usually the same stuff lol.

Hi madhatter

I'd like to pick up a few pre 47 threepences, can i ask were you get them from?

Hi garthy,i use ebay for most of my pre 47 stuff :)

Thanks madhatter, I just bought 40 for £36 with postage, I'm not too sure if I overpaid or not but to me it seemed like a good price, cheaper than I though.

Think I may get more in time.

Thanks madhatter, I just bought 40 for £36 with postage, I'm not too sure if I overpaid or not but to me it seemed like a good price, cheaper than I though.

Think I may get more in time.

Welcome mate, just remember pre 47 is 50% silver and pre 1920 is .925% 

Great fractional coins, If it ever came to barter situations where silver is used to buy goods I think threepence and sixpence coins would be very handy *removes tin foil hat*

what would be a reasonable price for it? I don't think he will budge, he has a 2oz lunar tiger for £69.99 , offered him £50 cash to save on fees packing ect and no response.

I have the same seller in my list.

His prices are fairly high, but not too bad for a UK seller.

Stacker since 2013

Welcome mate, just remember pre 47 is 50% silver and pre 1920 is .925% 

Great fractional coins, If it ever came to barter situations where silver is used to buy goods I think threepence and sixpence coins would be very handy *removes tin foil hat*

Doh! should've done some research first, yeah the ones I bought are 50% silver, oh well next time I'll know, as you say a great bartering tool if and when fiat goes to zero, they may still have a role to play some time in the future....

I have the same seller in my list.

His prices are fairly high, but not too bad for a UK seller.

Il keep an eye on his auctions, if he doesn't get many sales may be more responsive to a cash offer. Probably paid a whole lot more than my offer though so I can understand his not responding. 

Doh! should've done some research first, yeah the ones I bought are 50% silver, oh well next time I'll know, as you say a great bartering tool if and when fiat goes to zero, they may still have a role to play some time in the future....

Ouch mate, I made that same mistake too on my first buys but at least it was a small purchase. I think around 80% of my stack is made of these types of coins...

what coins you going for mate?, il leave of making offers on them, I think I have overspent this month as it is but id quite like that tiger:P.

I already have a tiger, I have already spoken to him on the ox and I'm trying to wear him down.

Then if I get brave, I'll try and deal with him on the mouse. That's going to hurt!!!

Stacker since 2013

Sounds good, il just go for the tiger then. Quite a nice collection he is selling there, wonder if he is cutting losses on silver or swapping to low premium stuff whilst spot is low..

Not a clue why he is selling, I don't like to ask.

I paid £70 for my tiger from a german seller that I have bought from before, not the cheapest but I wanted it and it was there!!!

His oz is the worst price out of the lot I reckon, he'll need me to beat him down on that one.

Stacker since 2013