• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Toronto coin dealer refuse Order Cancellation for unshipped goods. Any advice?

On 8th May, i placed online order for 2 Canada-themed Silver coins with Bullion Mart (www.bullionmart.ca) & paid CAD329.58 by credit card , which cleared on 12th May. A couple of days later, the merchant send me a whopping bill of another CAD197.60 to ship my order to my home address in Singapore. I emphatically email reply to refuse such exorbitant shipping charges & convey to this devious dealer (bullionmart)  to CANCEL my order. Despite many countless follow-up email reminders & leaving messages on Bullionmart's online support platform, the merchant simply IGNORED me, refusing to give me any reply whatsoever and leaving me in a lurch  as to my already paid up funds deducted via my credit card.

Absolutely horrendous Customer service, very conniving & dishonest coin dealer! As soon as i convey my intent to cancel Order, Bullionmart abruptly stopped communicating to me despite  my frantic reminders. 1st time ordering from this merchant ,what a super unpleasant experience.

Just wondering whether any Canadians in forum can advise if there is any Consumer Fraud or Regulatory Authority in Ontario or Canada i can write to, for me to lodge a complaint against such dishonest coin dealer? Any help is much appreciated!

Regards

Fred

fellow stacker & coin collector

Screenshot_20210604-160220_PicsArt.jpg

Screenshot_20210604-160311_PicsArt.jpg

Screenshot_20210604-160356_PicsArt.jpg

There are consumer protections in Ontario which are easily Googleable so I'll leave that to you. That being said I don't think they'll help you since as far as I can see it is you who is in the wrong, not BullionMart. You placed an order with the understanding they would bill you for shipping. Did you ever query what the shipping rate might be prior to placing an order? The real life lesson here seems to be that shipping anything out of Canada is extortionately expensive. As a Canadian who lives in the UK that reality is a sad one I have encountered many times - in fact I just had to go through the pain of shelling out nearly $200Cdn myself to ship some vinyl over. It is what it is though and its not the fault of the shops who have to pass on those charges to the customers.

You'll need to dig through the fine print and see if there is any ability to get out of the contract you made when you placed the order. Personally I'd suggest you just pay the shipping and treat this as a life lesson to ask questions before rushing to purchase because again from what you've presented here BullionMart hasn't done anything wrong.

4 hours ago, AppleZippoandMetronome said:

There are consumer protections in Ontario which are easily Googleable so I'll leave that to you. That being said I don't think they'll help you since as far as I can see it is you who is in the wrong, not BullionMart. You placed an order with the understanding they would bill you for shipping. Did you ever query what the shipping rate might be prior to placing an order? The real life lesson here seems to be that shipping anything out of Canada is extortionately expensive. As a Canadian who lives in the UK that reality is a sad one I have encountered many times - in fact I just had to go through the pain of shelling out nearly $200Cdn myself to ship some vinyl over. It is what it is though and its not the fault of the shops who have to pass on those charges to the customers.

You'll need to dig through the fine print and see if there is any ability to get out of the contract you made when you placed the order. Personally I'd suggest you just pay the shipping and treat this as a life lesson to ask questions before rushing to purchase because again from what you've presented here BullionMart hasn't done anything wrong.

Yes u are almost right. I Should just take it as a life-lesson for not reading the fine print after placing order. However, I didnt lay out the whole story. Actually, I was prepared to pay the shipping charges , rather than lose the entire order! (which I actually tried many times).

Guess what? The link payment the merchant send me cannot be used, despite my trying it many times! Follow up attempts & emails to the Bullionmart utterly useless as they simply don't bother replying. Its akin to placing (& paying) for an order but not getting any response whatsoever. 

Anyway tks for your comments. At least i now understand shipping outa Canada is that expensive. ( actually u are only correct as I  had placed orders with the CoinShoppe based in Ontario before & they  charged me CAD35 for shipping! Oh well, as u say, that's life!

Screenshot_20210604_204449.jpg

fredcch, sorry to hear about your problem.  

Contact the Better Business Bureau (BBB) in Ontario and file a complaint.  They may help you mediate a solution.   Here are some links:

link: BBB: Start with Trust® | Ontario | Better Business Bureau®

link: BBB Serving Western Ontario: Start With Trust

link: Bullion Mart | Better Business Bureau® Profile (bbb.org)

Edit 1: Bullion Mart is a BBB member with A+ rating.  It's very surprising to see them treat you this way.  Let us know how everything turns out.  

Edit 2: Looking at the customer reviews, there was one negative review in 2021.   Perhaps this was a foreshadow of the type of service to come. 😧

Edit 3: I hope Bullion Mart doesn't sour your experience from ordering PM from Canada.   There are 2 Canadian online bullion dealers that I deal with, no problems or issues at all.   They are: www.silvergoldbull.ca and www.bordergold.com.  Give them a try the next time you're looking to pickup Canadian maple leafs.   

Edited by SilverStorm

I'm confused.

You're saying they won't cancel an order for unshipped goods. You paid by credit card for the goods but not for the shipping, the costs of which you were unaware.

I'm not a lawyer and this isn't advice, but I think you can just ask your credit card company to instigate a charge-back - after all, you've not received the goods and they haven't sent them, so it would restitute the status quo ante.

1 hour ago, JB3 said:

I'm confused.

You're saying they won't cancel an order for unshipped goods. You paid by credit card for the goods but not for the shipping, the costs of which you were unaware.

I'm not a lawyer and this isn't advice, but I think you can just ask your credit card company to instigate a charge-back - after all, you've not received the goods and they haven't sent them, so it would restitute the status quo ante.

A charge-back was what I thought of too.  Just speak to your credit card company.

Finally got a email reply today + apology from Bullion mart. Now just trying to fulfill my order & paid shipping but still minor hiccups with their payment link.

Many tks to all for Yr replies. If all goes well & goods get shipped, I will, in good faith, not pursue matter further. Hopefully all will be OK but don't think I will be ordering from them ever again because of the bad experience! All unfortunate but that's life!

Thank you to one & all for the wonderful feedback

Cheers

Fred

• 2 weeks later...

I spoke too soon. Thought everything was fine after making final payment for shipping!

Bullionmart emailed to say order completed as item was delivered in Singapore. I say "what???" Totally unbelieveable. Apparently they delivered to some non~existent delivery agent here in my country & dare to tell me that the order was delivered!!!

This company /seller truly exasperatingly BAD! I now challenging them to show me proof of delivery as the tracking system says it was delivered 5 days ago! I sarcastically told Bullionmart that Singapore is only 700sq km in size. Very small country & delivery should not take that long!!

All this after paying their exorbitant shipping charges!. Its a nightmare dealing with this seller🤐 

Edited by fredcch

27 minutes ago, fredcch said:

I spoke too soon. Thought everything was fine after making final payment for shipping!

Bullionmart emailed to say order completed as item was delivered in Singapore. I say "what???" Totally unbelieveable. Apparently they delivered to some non~existent delivery agent here in my country & dare to tell me that the order was delivered!!!

This company /seller truly exasperatingly BAD! I now challenging them to show me proof of delivery as the tracking system says it was delivered 5 days ago! I sarcastically told Bullionmart that Singapore is only 700sq km in size. Very small country & delivery should not take that long!!

All this after paying their exorbitant shipping charges!. Its a nightmare dealing with this seller🤐 

Sorry to hear.  Contact BBB link I provided above.  Get all your documentation in order and submit complaint request.  Hopefully you’ll be able to find a resolution.  

On 05/06/2021 at 16:12, fredcch said:

Finally got a email reply today + apology from Bullion mart. Now just trying to fulfill my order & paid shipping but still minor hiccups with their payment link.

Many tks to all for Yr replies. If all goes well & goods get shipped, I will, in good faith, not pursue matter further. Hopefully all will be OK but don't think I will be ordering from them ever again because of the bad experience! All unfortunate but that's life!

Thank you to one & all for the wonderful feedback

Cheers

Fred

Bro issit cheaper to buy from Canada, seem like there is a lot in singapore too.

On 15/06/2021 at 15:26, SilverStorm said:

Sorry to hear.  Contact BBB link I provided above.  Get all your documentation in order and submit complaint request.  Hopefully you’ll be able to find a resolution.  

Many tks but keep getting "403 Forbidden " error msg!

Sent another 5 emails yo Bullionmart, sadly still no reply. Even resorted to facebook messenger but no response. Incredibly, they sent me a ridiculous "Order completed" email the other day when item not even received at all🤢....really at my wits end dealing with this coy.

Already initiated a chargeback with Mastercard (minimum 9 weeks wait) for investigation to complete. 

Utterly frustrating experience ! I was just trying to order 1st time from BM but alas, such a horrendous & torrid experience with this completely inept dealer!

I now ordering all my Canadian themed coins from the Coin Shoppe. Fuss free , all transactions go thru so smoothly, best part is they reply my emails enquiries by next working day! Only need to pay CAD35 for shipment & already ordered 3 times from them.

Screenshot_2021_0617_021339.jpg

This is astonishing that they would try to charge that much. I order from canada  regularly and quite large orders and shipping is around £25. What this company has done is wrong with the postage and also with the complete lack of communication. Glad you found a good dealer in canada. I use a few and all are exceptional. Always 1 bad egg 🙄