• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint - New Gold Coin - " THE GOLD STANDARD "

Paul

https://www.thegazette.co.uk/notice/3696028?fbclid=IwAR2BVpvclvXfA3yF3YpUlTC3zBrzQ_OCDONPR6AzkQ25ey876z-JkRqXP1U

.......Hmmmmmm....new gold to look forward to The Gold Standard 

5oz, 1oz , 1/4 oz GOLD 

Doesnt seem to be the Gold Standard coin we have seen in years gone by 

" Our Royal Cypher and the inscription “MY HEART AND MY DEVOTION 1926 2021”."

2021-1926 = 95 years 

Wonder if it is new series or one off ??

Thanks @h103efa just rereading each and this announcement is for a few different pieces, not all the same. my mistake  

The (£10) 5oz gold looks like it is an upgrade of an upgraded, upgrade.

" the reverse a portrait of George III in a crowned cartouche accompanied by the floral emblems of the United Kingdom, His Royal Cypher and scenes associated with His life"   

By the description the George III recent issue that was so popular as a £5 gold piece, that sovereignrarities have brought out as a limited pre-graded 2oz gold coin, looks like it is getting done as a 5oz gold as well 

4e7224a0-a0c1-40aa-b7f2-6d65f5fc62b7?width=440&height=440&resizeinbox=true&backgroundcolor=FFFFFF

Thanks for sharing.

If the 1 oz Gold Standard coin is a bullion coin, then I'm definitely in.

The 1/4 oz Queen's 95th birthday coin?  I'm only in if it's a bullion coin AND a nice design.  Otherwise I will pass.
Nice to have new options to collect though 🙂

52 minutes ago, Coolsmp said:

'The coin shall have a grained edge' lol

I'm surprised that the Gazette doesn't also proclaim '...and the coin shall also usually have multiple defects which are visible to the average person but somehow invisible to the quality control department at the Royal Mint'

15 hours ago, Abyss said:

I hope Royal Mint incorporate some of the additional security features found in the 2021 Britannia into the new 1 oz Gold Standard coin.

No offence but I sincerely hope not. The hologram on the Brit is a tiny speck and spoils the coin in my opinion.

Own it and Love it.

(With thanks to 9x883 for the suggestion)

Archived