• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2021 Gold 1/10oz Kookaburra

jultorsk

15'000 mintage 🇦🇺🤩

unnamed-6.png

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Looks very nice, I will definitely get one. I wish Perth Mint would do a gold kookaburra with the Stuart Devlin depiction every year so they'd have a gold coin without a changing design but it's great that we're getting another coin to buy.

• 2 months later...

For anyone looking for these managed to get mine through EMK, had 2 gold purchases from them since Brexit, neither were over charged additional VAT, so they label documentation correctly.

If anyone wants to part with a 2020 version, I’d love to acquire one 🙂

DF449A1C-4B0F-4A2A-B793-964DD88B004E.jpeg

9B8576D8-9018-4605-A023-072CAD7F989A.jpeg

• 1 month later...
On 22/02/2021 at 18:08, ZigZag said:

For anyone looking for these managed to get mine through EMK, had 2 gold purchases from them since Brexit, neither were over charged additional VAT, so they label documentation correctly.

Beautiful coin! So you've had success with EMK? Were there any additional charges at all using them?

On 28/11/2020 at 19:45, StackemHigh said:

I would have thought the regular places like Chards and Atties would stock them at some point maybe with a pre-order too.

I don't think so (I don't think they had the last ones), but worth a try at least :)

On 22/02/2021 at 18:08, ZigZag said:

Looks nice (so difficult to photograph at that size)! What would you say the quality is like, do they have the same slight production problems as the 2020s?

I have a handful of the 2020s. I wouldn't mind a 2021 but the 2020s are already fetching good money, and it'll be a wait for the 2021s to catch up imo.

Out of interest though, how much were they?

34 minutes ago, kimchi said:

I don't think so (I don't think they had the last ones), but worth a try at least :)

Looks nice (so difficult to photograph at that size)! What would you say the quality is like, do they have the same slight production problems as the 2020s?

I have a handful of the 2020s. I wouldn't mind a 2021 but the 2020s are already fetching good money, and it'll be a wait for the 2021s to catch up imo.

Out of interest though, how much were they?

From memory around 200 Euro, couldn’t see any imperfections myself.

On 10/04/2021 at 13:21, TutoredSoup232 said:

Beautiful coin! So you've had success with EMK? Were there any additional charges at all using them?

Yes from EMK and no additional VAT charge as all paperwork was included

3 minutes ago, ZigZag said:

From memory around 200 Euro, couldn’t see any imperfections myself.

Blimey, that's a lot straight out of the gate!

All the 2020s I've seen (quite a few) had slight problems - in my case (though this was typical) a tiny speck of frosting missing on the reverse (all in the same place). They don't seem to have suffered in value because of it though, so I'm hanging on to mine :)

1 hour ago, kimchi said:

Blimey, that's a lot straight out of the gate!

All the 2020s I've seen (quite a few) had slight problems - in my case (though this was typical) a tiny speck of frosting missing on the reverse (all in the same place). They don't seem to have suffered in value because of it though, so I'm hanging on to mine :)

Price was somewhat immaterial, as I’ve no intention of selling; they are part of hand me down collections for both my kids. Do love Kooks though, so a 1/10 gold Kook collection is very tempting for them both.

Archived