• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Anonymity

Dimitri

4 hours ago, paulmerton said:

Are the reports, or at least the scope of the assessment, available for customers to see?

That's a good question, but I think for now the answer is no.

One of our Pen Test providers insists on non-disclosure. I have not asked them why, although I can guess at a couple of reasonable answers.

We do keep our insurers updated about security matters, and we do get useful feedback from them, which all helps, while at the same day keeping our premiums down.

I will tag @ChardsCoinandBullionDealer in, for further consideration.

Interestingly, a few years ago we engaged e3Creative, now part of https://www.deptagency.com/en-gb/  

Multi-award winning agency e3creative joins Depthttps://www.deptagency.com › en-gb › insight › multi-...
e3creative, one of Manchester's most successful digital agencies, has joined Dept. Founded in 2010 by Jake Welsh, e3creative works with forward-thinking brands ...

They turned out to be so bad, that we started legal action against them.

At least one page they created contained a code injection vulnerability. This is such a basic web coding error that even I know about it.

There is a lot more I could say about them, but as we have legal proceedings against them, I will refrain for the time being.

Back to security disclosures. for obvious reasons, we do not disclose the number of CCTV cameras, recorders, etc., that we have, but it is more than Hatton Garden Safe Deposit had, and better. 😎

Chards

3 hours ago, HerefordBullyun said:

Well given the opportunity, I am having beans for tea as ive spent all my fiat on silver this month. So my multi flatulence authenticity will be in full swing tonight! 

That's more like it!

😎

Although possibly fart too much information.

Edited by LawrenceChard

Chards

On 03/08/2020 at 13:42, Dimitri said:

Hi all,

Apologies if this has been answered a thousand times before, but I'm a bit of a newbie so would massively appreciate any advice you knowledgeable people might have. Anyway, here goes for my first post on the forum 😬

Am looking to buy some sovs and maybe a couple of half-sovs (approx £2500 worth in total) and want to do so anonymously - ie. no name or address. I thought paying cash at a dealer would work under a certain limit, but having spoken to a couple of London dealers, it turns out they require id for any purchase of gold. Online seems like a no-go given the need to create an account and to have the coins sent to my address.

How do you people get round this issue?

Many thanks

Dimitri

I / we have answered it, and related questions, thousands of times before.

Rather than brief, individual, answers, we create information and advice pages covering the subjects in greater detail.

For example:

https://www.chards.co.uk/blog/acceptable-forms-of-id/413

https://www.chards.co.uk/blog/confiscation-of-gold-bullion/778

Don't get paranoid about ID requirements, trying to dodge it will also put you under suspicion.

Similar with so-called confiscation.

If you insist on buying from sources who don't require ID:

You will almost certainly pay higher premiums.

Coins may be sub-standard or counterfeit, in which case, the anonymity will work against you getting redress.

The guy down the pub might be a useful source, but see above, and...

...he might follow you home!

Also:

Governments worldwide are already confiscating much of your wealth, by something called inflation, a common type of stealth tax.

😎

Edited by LawrenceChard

Chards