• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Storing the good stuff

SSS

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 25/04/2020 at 05:38, Melon said:

If after a year your stack is already looking suitable for a walk in vault, I commend you and am a little bit jealous! 😄

When considering safes, I suggest checking any models you're considering purchasing against YouTube. I particularly like the LockPickingLawyer channel. Here's a recent video; 

Brilliant video:

''Hi there this is The Lock Picking Lawyer, and on this channel I've demonstrated how to penetrate some of the most secure equipment out there, usually using some very simple tools'' - meanwhile the camera is focused on a set of professional lock picks that you would be arrested for carrying in public both in the U.K. and in America unless you are a locksmith, something to do with being in possession of articles/tools for the purpose or use in commiting a crime whether you are breaking the law or not just simply walking around in public with them in your pocket will land you in some legal problems.

Seriously the only way this guy could have made me laugh even harder is if he had a ''lock pick gun'' being filmed on his desk during his introduction rather than a set of professional lock picks.

On topic though, I store my gold in a safe, I store my silver in those transparent ''under the bed'' storage boxes that have lids that Tesco sells for a couple of quid on the floor in the bottom of my wardrobe, my reason being a half decent safe costs a hell of a lot more than the amount of silver it will be able to hold will be worth - a decent home safe has contents insurance included and prices start at four figures for very small ones that can be maneuvered by a single person, and no a safe that Argos sells for one to two hundred quid is not even a half decent safe.  As for Pelican/Storm cases I think that they're the dogs danglies, over pressurisation valve, water proof to 30 meters, very good hinges and latches,, very well made and strong - I've personally thrown Pelican cases out of aeroplanes at 10,000 feet and their contents have survived impact unharmed, locakable, customisable foam inserts... I love them, that's why I own  lots of them - I use them for guitar cases they're worth every penny and they are not cheap £500.00 each for the size of Pelican case that will hold an electric guitar and that's the cost price with no mark up for dealers....  Would I use one to store my precious metals in, that's a big hell no, Pelican/Storm cases also have amazing handles to make carrying them more comfortable, any idiot who wanted to pinch your precious metals that are stored in a Pelican/Storm case will do is simply either pick up the Pelican case, or if it's one of their larger sized models that has wheels, wheel the case out of your property into their car/van, drive it home and spend an hour or so in front of the T.V. with a hacksaw from PoundLand cutting off the ''tab'' for your padlock, or less than 30 seconds with an angle grinder. 

With the value of silver, I personally don't see a point in investing in safes, or even Pelican cases to store it, just keep the stuff out of sight, and don't talk about it/advertise that you buy and store precious metals at home.

2 hours ago, AuricGoldfinger said:

This keeps my stuff pretty safe. Forgot the combination though 🤔 

525A6A91-61E3-4AAB-9BCE-FABE0CCC32B6.jpeg

If I was one to marry inanimate objects that would definitely be #1 😍🤪

• 4 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, AuricGoldfinger said:

Thankyou doctor, 

I have an issue with an itchy trigger finger when looking at gold bullion, can it be operated on?

Yes it's very easy you put the delivery address down as mine 😂😂😂

• 5 months later...

On 05/05/2020 at 18:07, dicker said:

Because if you are a gun owner in the U.K. you have to be very very careful about what you post if you want to be sure to retain your License. 

On 08/05/2020 at 07:53, dicker said:

One had to be very careful as a U.K. gun owner....

On 08/05/2020 at 12:15, AuricGoldfinger said:

Losing it is even easier.

It certainly is. The government don't want people owning fire arms and the pubic either think guns are illegal or are petrified of them, despite there being next no no legal gun ownership homerciedes. Its a bit like this year really.

'oh a friend of a friend got tested for corona virus, its really scary"

'so are the dead then'

'No they self isolated for a week, no symptoms and are back at work now'

'ok then, so they were 100% healthy then" 

'yes'

'why is it scary' 

silence. ;)

I applied for a firearms licence at the start of this year, but with all this BS then range got closed, so my membership was not processed. I hAve read theY aRE making life very hard even for .22 ranges!! I AM lucky as I am a guest member on an unlimited caliber range, but I only want a .22 semi auto I think, much cheaper to shoot and quiet. 

on the note of the public and guns. After watching a ton of videos from the states about guns, I for one and very glad its like that. They are crazy, literally saying 'if that guy breaks into my house to get my TV i will shoot him with my automatic rifle'. I get that they have been conditioned by thier media system, but murdering someone is not somehting I want on my coconence, especially if they are un armed. My feeling is they are either crazy rednek preppers, that think an apocalypse is coming or they are just scared people that are doing what they think they need too, I guess?? Sad really.

Depends where you live I guess? If I lived on the outskirts of a central london crime hotspot then i would be a bit more worried as things can or could get bad very quickly, in the event of mass hysteria (ie EMP strike and no internet - GOD FORBID LOL). 

On 18/06/2020 at 23:48, doctorgolden said:

Hi folks

Watched this earlier and found it useful, so thought I'd share here with my TSF friends

This guy looks bad ass. His eyes. He has seen a few things and dealt with some very bad people!!

Archived