• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Well These Are Not What I Expected (More eBay Moaning)

So after a long wait for a couple of coins, I have received 2 coins from 2 sellers that look significantly different to the ebay picture, and extremely lower in quality

First 1 is a replacement for my 82 Philly, ebay picture looks beautiful, golden lustrous, and below that is a picture of how it actually looks in natural light, no lustre at all, looks historically polished and tarnished over

Next one is the 79 Philly, ebay pictures look acceptable, nice detail, and an old grey dullness giving the impression of a nice aging coin, below that is a picture of the actual coin, cleaned and/or polished the s**t out of, not happy today, I need some Morgans!

20200422_122144.jpg

20200422_122158.jpg

20200422_122820.jpg

20200422_122804.jpg

20200422_122222.jpg

20200422_122234.jpg

20200422_122835.jpg

20200422_122845.jpg

The hunt is on!

Follow my Morgan dollar quest and watch other video's on my YouTube channel: Peacemaker

9 hours ago, Gildeon said:

Yes they are the same coins. It's impressive how the made the first one looking so much better than reality... 🤔

Its making me think twice about eBay now, dont know where I am going to get my Morgans 😞

The hunt is on!

Follow my Morgan dollar quest and watch other video's on my YouTube channel: Peacemaker

I'm really tired of recieving coins from eBay that have problems, especially cleaned. I've resorted to asking every seller if it's been cleaned either by him or in the past, before buying. Whenever I now receive a clean coin I return it, as not as described.

It's painful, but I can't find a better solution.

• 1 year later...
On 22/04/2020 at 12:32, Peacemaker said:

So after a long wait for a couple of coins, I have received 2 coins from 2 sellers that look significantly different to the ebay picture, and extremely lower in quality

First 1 is a replacement for my 82 Philly, ebay picture looks beautiful, golden lustrous, and below that is a picture of how it actually looks in natural light, no lustre at all, looks historically polished and tarnished over

Next one is the 79 Philly, ebay pictures look acceptable, nice detail, and an old grey dullness giving the impression of a nice aging coin, below that is a picture of the actual coin, cleaned and/or polished the s**t out of, not happy today, I need some Morgans!

20200422_122144.jpg

20200422_122158.jpg

20200422_122820.jpg

20200422_122804.jpg

20200422_122222.jpg

20200422_122234.jpg

20200422_122835.jpg

20200422_122845.jpg

On 22/04/2020 at 14:04, Gildeon said:

Yes they are the same coins. It's impressive how the made the first one looking so much better than reality... 🤔

They don't look like the same coins.

Lots of ebay sellers steal photos from elsewhere.

Chards

2 hours ago, LawrenceChard said:

They don't look like the same coins.

Lots of ebay sellers steal photos from elsewhere.

What a prehistoric thread revival! ☺️

It was also my first reaction that they were not the same coins. But upon closer inspection you can see they are the same - the first one has identical marks and scratches, the second one seems to have the same edge nick at 8 o'clock obverse side.

Whatever happened to these coins during those two years?

2 hours ago, CollectForFun said:

What a prehistoric thread revival! ☺️

It was also my first reaction that they were not the same coins. But upon closer inspection you can see they are the same - the first one has identical marks and scratches, the second one seems to have the same edge nick at 8 o'clock obverse side.

Whatever happened to these coins during those two years?

I found different marks, so concluded they were different coins. 

Maybe owner cleaned them, who knows?

😎

Chards

• ChrisSilver changed the title to Well These Are Not What I Expected (More eBay Moaning)