• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

[Need Opinion] A must have silver bullion?

IndianBullionaire

Hey y'all

I am a stacker who lives in India with a wish to collect international bullion from time to time, since we do not easily get international bullion in India hence we have to buy from Ebay sellers (Europe)

Till now I have the following international coins (All Silver & All 1 Ouncer's)

1x 2019 Canadian Maple Leaf

1x 2019 Australian Silver Dragon  

1x 2019 Australian Kangaroo

1x 2019 American Silver Eagle

Which coin would you recommend I should be buying next? I have my eyes on the 2019 chinese silver panda but I also want to wait so I can get the 2020 Chinese Silver Panda.

What should I do? Britannia/Panda or what is a must have?

I would love to hear your opinion on this, the lower the premium the better since they will be for collection only.

Varun Kumar

Your Indian Bullion Reviewer 

The "classical" silver bullion coins are:

American Eagle

Maple Leaf

Britannia

Wiener Philamoniker

Mexican Libertad

China Panda

Kookaburra

I would buy the Britannia and an older one ounce  China Panda. The silver dragon is a little exotic and sometimes has a high premium.

8 hours ago, Miganto said:

Britannia, Libertad and maybe a Krugerrand?

+ Philamoniker !

That is the order I would like to follow, got the 2020 Britannia, thanks for your comment ;) 

8 hours ago, Varus said:

The "classical" silver bullion coins are:

American Eagle

Maple Leaf

Britannia

Wiener Philamoniker

Mexican Libertad

China Panda

Kookaburra

I would buy the Britannia and an older one ounce  China Panda. The silver dragon is a little exotic and sometimes has a high premium.

Could you let me know why the "Vienna Philharmonic" is so famous? I couldn't find it interesting at first sight. I would love to follow this list as well. 

7 hours ago, terakris said:

Britannia or Libertad I would say... libertads are super nice.

Got the 2020 britannia, thanks :) 

41 minutes ago, youngmetalstacker said:

Could you let me know why the "Vienna Philharmonic" is so famous? I couldn't find it interesting at first sight.

I find it hard to get excited about the Philamoniker also. On my quest to find out what I wanted in my stack / collection I bought a few and found them to be really boring. However I had no problem selling them. 

Philharmoniker is the biggest silver BU coin from continental Europe. Being from continental Europe myself, even I prefer to stack silver maple leafs. Maples are a better buy for me due too both buy and resell prices at my dealer in comparison to Philharmoniker.

More attractive designs from continental Europe for lower premium BU coins are Noah's Ark (Armenia) and Archangel Michael (Ukraine).

Archangel Michael has higher premium though due too mintage 40K or less.

The coins below are from the Golden Ring Series (premium silver). I wanted to collect one from each major mint. These are all 2019 release and I believe several major international mints now releasing their 2020 designs.

IMG_1974.JPG.aa12859bcff91ee0f389d863a71

9 hours ago, StevenDS said:

Philharmoniker is the biggest silver BU coin from continental Europe. Being from continental Europe myself, even I prefer to stack silver maple leafs. Maples are a better buy for me due too both buy and resell prices at my dealer in comparison to Philharmoniker.

More attractive designs from continental Europe for lower premium BU coins are Noah's Ark (Armenia) and Archangel Michael (Ukraine).

Archangel Michael has higher premium though due too mintage 40K or less.

Thanks will checkout these coins as well.

3 hours ago, Abyss said:

The coins below are from the Golden Ring Series (premium silver). I wanted to collect one from each major mint. These are all 2019 release and I believe several major international mints now releasing their 2020 designs.

WOW! But Golden Ring? As in real gold?

54 minutes ago, youngmetalstacker said:

WOW! But Golden Ring? As in real gold?

BOLD Set: Golden Ring 2019 – 10 Coin Collector Set

The complete 10 coin 2019 Golden Ring Collector Set featuring 10 of the most popular government issue Silver bullion coins ennobled with Yellow Gold and Ruthenium. Total of 9.96 oz .999+ fine silver. Only 500 of each coin will be produced. Each one comes in a square collector case with a serialized COA.

Only fraction of Gold but makes the coins pop. I bought mine from @SilverStan

https://boldpreciousmetals.com/product/bold-set-golden-ring-2019-10-coin-variety-collector-set/

7 minutes ago, Abyss said:

BOLD Set: Golden Ring 2019 – 10 Coin Collector Set

The complete 10 coin 2019 Golden Ring Collector Set featuring 10 of the most popular government issue Silver bullion coins ennobled with Yellow Gold and Ruthenium. Total of 9.96 oz .999+ fine silver. Only 500 of each coin will be produced. Each one comes in a square collector case with a serialized COA.

Only fraction of Gold but makes the coins pop. I bought mine from @SilverStan

https://boldpreciousmetals.com/product/bold-set-golden-ring-2019-10-coin-variety-collector-set/

A lovely set :)  The makers also do a glowing galaxy set and now a green and pink set but Ive not entertained those :)

Silverstacking.co.uk 

5 hours ago, Abyss said:

*jealous* XD

Hi @youngmetalstacker

I get out to Delhi every three months and have struggled to find anywhere to buy Bullion coins - can you recommend anywhere?

Interestingly the Indian Sovereign (minted Under licence) is minted in Haryana / Gurugram!

Best

Dicker

Not my circus, not my monkeys

On 24/10/2019 at 15:46, dicker said:

Hi @youngmetalstacker

I get out to Delhi every three months and have struggled to find anywhere to buy Bullion coins - can you recommend anywhere?

Interestingly the Indian Sovereign (minted Under licence) is minted in Haryana / Gurugram!

Best

Dicker

Sure!  Please message me so we can talk there and I can help you out with some good sellers etc.

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/10/2019 at 10:22, RacerCool said:

If you don't mind non-governmental silver bullion, then I recommend buying rolls of 20 one ounce silver generic rounds. You're getting the same amount of silver in the same one ounce chunks, but you're paying less.

I believe Silver is Silver, but the thing is since I would have to import/order from Europe hence the sellers should be having the generic silver but they don't have them. 20 One Ouncers will get caught in customs, can only order coins up to $100 so it slides. Hard to get access to amazing international bullion when you live in India haha. 

On 26/10/2019 at 23:52, RacerCool said:

If you don't mind non-governmental silver bullion, then I recommend buying rolls of 20 one ounce silver generic rounds. You're getting the same amount of silver in the same one ounce chunks, but you're paying less.

Generic is the best value. Here in the USA, generic gold and silver has capital gains taxes, when you sell at a profit. Government minted coins with a currency value on them, have no capital gains tax imposed. Kindly correct me if I misunderstood the tax law. Have fun collecting what catches your eye!

Archived