• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

At what price level do you stop accumulating Gold

hi guys,

just a simple question on which price level do you stop collecting gold.

For me its the USD$1400 level. Have been waiting for the fall back to $1300 but it is not materializing.

What will be your take on this issue :)

it has taken many months get to $1400. if it

gets back to $1300, this should take many

months as well.

for traders it's always buy what you can sell on

for a profit.

imo long term holders would do well buying at

below $1400.(going forward, the $1300 mark

should be the new $1050 support for multi year

retracements)

if you already own some gold(5%), I would hold

off buying and see what happens first.

HH

32 minutes ago, Tn21 said:

Will buy au as long as I can afford it at what ever the price is. 

Same here. It is inconceivable for me to "stop buying gold" when it reaches a certain price. Because there is no guarantee it will ever become cheaper than this again. What if people decided to stop buying gold at $600? Where would they be today in their gold holdings? One can't draw an arbitrary line and say "no further than this". The market will dictate the price, but gold will always be in demand, whatever the price may be in the market.

Generally the gold price going up is currency devaluing I think, see record highs in most currencies due in part to printy CBs. If for long term keep buying until over valued as per other assets and watch GSR. Record highs last couple of times means cheap (as now), when it's back at the lows GSR then we are bubbly and time to sell both. There's more to it than that but that's how I'm playing it. 

Do not forget the other metals. There are good buys in platinum and silver right now. Platinum is rarer than gold. As far as a price to stop buying gold I have learned over the years there is none. Just keep buying a little when you can. In the late 1970's I stopped buying when gold hit $250 or so. In 2005 I stopped buying gold when it was $600 a ounce. Buying metals to sell is all about timing but the way things are now around the world I like gold as a store of wealth. If you do decide to sell when the price goes up never sell more then 50% of what you own, it could keep going higher.  Jim

5 hours ago, blindguy said:

Do not forget the other metals. There are good buys in platinum and silver right now. Platinum is rarer than gold. As far as a price to stop buying gold I have learned over the years there is none. Just keep buying a little when you can. In the late 1970's I stopped buying when gold hit $250 or so. In 2005 I stopped buying gold when it was $600 a ounce. Buying metals to sell is all about timing but the way things are now around the world I like gold as a store of wealth. If you do decide to sell when the price goes up never sell more then 50% of what you own, it could keep going higher.  Jim

I buy jewelry which I will sell with no second thoughts when my profit margin is reached, from wedding rings to,diamond solitaires but coins I keep, bullion sovs are for keeping, my kids get to decide ahout them, I'll keep buying because if I'm not holding onto jewelry it's a quick flip, silver is all ok to sell but only for more silver or gold or platinum...right now I have several pieces on consignment and as long as people are scared enough to sell their stuff for half its value I'll be there with fiat and a smile.

I'm not sure when I'll stop, but so long as I can still buy things close to spot, I'll still buy.  I just found an uncirculated gold $5 half Eagle for spot price, so of course I jumped on it.  So long as things like that keep happening, I'll keep opening my wallet.

I might be part Dwarf, with occasional bouts of gold fever.  

I am waiting for the next swing low in Gold price and waiting for confirmation last swing low $1160 holds in price. Price moves in waves and in the last three years two major sell offs in the Gold price unable to take out the previous swing low. $250 sell off in price July 2016 and $200 sell off April 2018. Waiting next swing low in Gold at least $150 lower and historically this has shown to be a good time to buy. The downside to this approach it is difficult having the patience to wait and timing the move. While waiting allways the possibility of economic and geopolitical uncertainty and further spot increase in price Gold as safe heaven asset.

image.png.b1f562df23eb562f7ed7da240174fc3d.png

I agree with what the other gold stackers have said here that it’s best not to stop buying gold even if the price rises. Gold always rises ahead of inflation which is one of the major reasons why investors stack gold in the first place. Gold is considered a safe haven when compared to stocks and shares which can fall dramatically or even crash. We have more to lose if the gold price falls than if it rises. It’s got to the point where it’s almost impossible to buy a 1oz gold coin for exactly £1,000 or a 1/4oz gold coin (sovereigns exempted) for exactly £300. I don’t see that as a bad thing because it means my gold investments are not being eroded by inflation.

On 06/07/2019 at 14:10, Tn21 said:

Will buy au as long as I can afford it at what ever the price is. 

In gold we trust 

Something similar.

I guess im buying long as i have my work and there is something to spare after all expenses and hobbies (and spending to au doesnt feel bad).

Archived