• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Sherlock Holmes 🕵️‍♀️

TheProspector

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gold doing very nicely imo, firmly into almost sold out at the Mint territory within a day, which is good news for the gold proof 50p series as a whole on a low key release imo. Alas I don't have one yet myself.

8 hours ago, TheProspector said:

If you get in early does that mean you will get a lower numbered COA? I assume this is random?

Pretty random, though interestingly I know one company that often seems to get low CoAs. I do sometimes wonder if there is a 'dealer' pile and a public one...

3 minutes ago, Bullionaire said:

Silver and gold all sold out. Only piedfort and BUNC left

Expected that on the gold for sure, I thought we were getting towards a 'sorry your order could not be fulfilled' situation. Shows a good healthy following on a low key (if lovely) release imo.

Just gutted I could have had one but funds weren't in place as I didn't think the release would be so soon.

11 minutes ago, kimchi said:

Expected that on the gold for sure, I thought we were getting towards a 'sorry your order could not be fulfilled' situation. Shows a good healthy following on a low key (if lovely) release imo.

Just gutted I could have had one but funds weren't in place as I didn't think the release would be so soon.

Were you looking for a gold?

2 minutes ago, kimchi said:

All sold out in gold and silver, only the piedfort left!

Yes mate, gold, hope to pick one up soon.

You can still get a gold at the coin connection... although I see he is slightly more expensive, but not much :)

28 minutes ago, terakris said:

Surprised the Piedfort didnt go... i think i prefer them than the standard 50p and lower mintages too.

Yeah, I think it's only a matter of time and they'll be gone soon too.

Imo in this series demand will massively surpass supply, especially when interest is raised in Australia and the US...and then premiums on the secondary market could skyrocket. I'm gonna try not to sell too soon.

2 hours ago, goldmember44 said:

Imo in this series demand will massively surpass supply, especially when interest is raised in Australia and the US...and then premiums on the secondary market could skyrocket. I'm gonna try not to sell too soon.

It's going to be very interesting to see how the 50p series fares! It's only really taken off in the last year or so and there's been a bit of mucking about with mintages and whatnot, but the last few releases the Mint seems to have found a sweet spot in the gold at least, and the lower mintage silvers could be dark horses imo. They clearly have big plans for these ongoing so it's going to be a case of how much interest is generated in future as new collectors come on board. Some of these coins are going to be very, very hard to get hold of...too hard to attract new collectors in general - ? But on the gold, mintage 400-700...I find it hard to see myself that there won't be a hardcore collector base of more than that worldwide. However I do know quite a few on here are sceptical, don't like these and/or don't fancy them to do well, and going on past history it's perhaps wise to be cautious, and buy both within your means and as things you actually want and are willing to keep and perhaps not see a profit on rather than anything else. I would never advise anyone to buy one of these on any basis other than that, but there seems to be potential imho as it looks like the Mint's chosen flagship after the Sovereigns :)

50 minutes ago, TheProspector said:

Silver proof is now no longer being shown as sold out 🤔

It allows you to add one to your basket...

Just the Mint's inventory catching up and finding they have a few left I think. It was also one per household wasn't it, so some potential multiples cancelled there?

• 3 weeks later...

Got a of bag of these from my "supplier" = mum!

I have a feeling there will be loads of these around soon - probably a high mintage! But if any folk are desperate for a shiny one now (rather than waiting to find in their change), just give us a PM.

2019-06-03 20.39.41.jpg

Archived