• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Sherlock Holmes 🕵️‍♀️

TheProspector

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Jamesd said:

Oh really. Do I just go on royal mint website. Assume it will appear for sale from midnight as there is nothing in there about it today 

Yes log on before midnight, settle down and let the fun commence. First time I did it it was fun and bit exciting. Fast forward to 01.30 and then you think “what the hell am I doing here, I’m going to bed!

Just ordered it off The Royal Mint site about 15 minutes ago.  Can't reach it by clicking the advert on the front page.  I hit collections tab and selected annual sets, and they came up.  Four different sets available.  Regular proof, silver set , piedfort and gold.

6 minutes ago, mr1030 said:

Just ordered it off The Royal Mint site about 15 minutes ago.  Can't reach it by clicking the advert on the front page.  I hit collections tab and selected annual sets, and they came up.

The annual sets were already there. We are waiting for the single coins...

Ahhh ok.  Sorry if I caused a ruckus.  Havn't been on the forum for a week and when I saw the OP the tweet said was available in the proof sets.  And it didn't sink in when some guys were quoting prices that they were for singles coming out.  Thanks for the info.  

14 minutes ago, mr1030 said:

Just ordered it off The Royal Mint site about 15 minutes ago.  Can't reach it by clicking the advert on the front page.  I hit collections tab and selected annual sets, and they came up.  Four different sets available.  Regular proof, silver set , piedfort and gold.

What have you ordered by the way? Cheers

I ordered the Piedfort silver proof set.  I was thinking of getting the D-Day coin for a while now as my great uncle was shot down and killed on D-Day, and seeing the Sherlock Holmes sealed the deal for me on getting the set.

There are some really low mintages going on the Royal Mint at the moment... the D-Day collection, and also the Tower of London collection... no-one seems to be taking an interest in that. I'm not too bothered, but the mintages of their 1/4 gold's are really low, 800, and also it's in beautful 999 gold. Yet I can't really fork out another £480 for that... 

Archived