• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Black Friday Deals

MintageSeller

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 20/11/2018 at 17:49, AppleZippoandMetronome said:

Royal Mint seems to be getting in on the Black Friday action... 

https://www.royalmint.com/our-coins/black-friday/

Thanks a million AppleZippoandMetronome - just saved £31 off an item I was due to purchase anyway! love good deals at the right timing - you are ace for the heads up nad the forum for bringing us all together

SHUGGY

32 minutes ago, Coolsmp said:

Picked up a couple of the 2011 silver britannias. Cant go wrong for £15 each.

Thanks. Just ordered 3.

26 minutes ago, Bullionbilly said:

From westminster ?

Yes. They are 2011 Britannias. I was only allowed to order 3 (by the website, not by my girlfriend)

I didn't really expect any decent Black Friday deals on silver and gold given the (usually) low premiums at a lot of places, so I'm pleasantly surprised - even if I have been persuaded to buy more than I should before xmas...

33 minutes ago, Bdean316 said:

hope they turn up ok - was about to place an order myself before i did some due diligence on them.......

https://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/the-westminster-collection-c497280.html

Basically, people don't read the small print. It's not like the westminster collection hide the fact they send further coins. It's not great practice, but you just have to watch out for the comment that says this above the red "add to basket" button:

"I understand I will receive other Beatrix Potter ingots
at the priority collector's price of £19.99 (+£2.99p&p) in
The World of Peter Rabbit Ingot Collection at monthly
intervals. I am under no obligation and may return any
ingot within 10 days. I may stop collecting at any time"

Like on this ingot: https://www.westminstercollection.com/p-865Y/The-Tale-of-Peter-Rabbit-Book-Ingot.aspx

Don't buy anything that has that comment on and you'll be fine. I've ordered stuff from them (without that comment on) and have never been sent anything unsolicited.

21 minutes ago, GrahamDiamond said:

Because the Royal Mint has said so, It is Old news on Change Checker and Westminster Coins, Facebook Forums also.

But royal mint Ac manager said last week 2017 aviation and Jane will go into circulation 

that’s why I keep on asking where did you get the news from now I am really confuse 😀

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

12 minutes ago, Coolsmp said:

Thats good to know. They wont be able to charge anything to the card in that instance.

To be fair 

they are pretty fair company , if u do read properly 

Returns are also free 

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

Wow that's quite a jump! £3.99 delivery as well! 

Maybe they only intended to sell a set number at that price.

My confirmation email says my card is not charged until dispatch so I will keep an eye that they don't forget the price quoted on my invoice.

5 minutes ago, HelpingHands said:

Did they make a mistake and have increased the price now to £50 ?

https://www.westminstercollection.com/p-446J/2011-UK-Silver-Britannia.aspx

Strange. It was listed as "used to be £30, now pay £15" on their Black Friday section, so I don't know where the £50 has come from...

Used to be £30. Then £15. Now £50. Get it before it goes up to £100. Or hold off till it's £0.20 and half a curly wurly.

Odd:

it's £49.99 + £3.99 here: https://www.westminstercollection.com/p-446J/2011-UK-Silver-Britannia.aspx

and £15.00 + £0.00 here: https://www.westminstercollection.com/p-528C/2011-UK-1oz-Silver-Bullion-Britannia.aspx

The pages are different even if the item isn't. I found the cheaper one by going to their home page, clicking on the Black Friday banner then selecting it from the list there.

Just ordered a tenth gold Brit and 3 x 2011 shiver Brits. Cheers guys, been on a bit of a hiatus this year so even this order is giving a wee buzz. 

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

1 hour ago, fehk2001 said:

But royal mint Ac manager said last week 2017 aviation and Jane will go into circulation 

that’s why I keep on asking where did you get the news from now I am really confuse 😀

This is the Reason I have sold mine, the Royal Mint can not be trusted. They Said Paddington Bear coins would be 15000 Mintage.

Archived