• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

(x2) *NEW* Hidden Secrets of Money Episodes : Mike Maloney

Paul

Fall Of Empires: Rome vs USA (Hidden Secrets Of Money Ep 9)

American Bread & Circus (Hidden Secrets Of Money Ep 10) 

(.......due to go live in around x12 hours time)

Very well produced and easy on understand - well worth watching all the series

Made by Mike "I own a gold and silver company" Maloney

so like anything, buyer beware and do your own research/due diligence

ENJOY :) 

Looking forward to seeing his latest installment. His explanation of fractional reserve banking misses out the other side of the balance sheet so isn't quite right (commercial banks can create loans but they need funding to actually provide the money!) but otherwise I find him very measured and thoughtful. But yeah buyer beware indeed / DYOR etc! 

1 hour ago, Finbinfin said:

Looking forward to seeing his latest installment. His explanation of fractional reserve banking misses out the other side of the balance sheet so isn't quite right (commercial banks can create loans but they need funding to actually provide the money!) but otherwise I find him very measured and thoughtful. But yeah buyer beware indeed / DYOR etc! 

That's actually wrong. Firstly you can not "create" a loan. But that's semantics. More importantly, banks create CREDIT and on the "other side of the balance sheet", they create deposits. They do not need any substantial funding -  only a small technical reserve for people who withdraw cash and a legal reserve (whatever it is at a given time in a given country, usually also tiny, these days). That's called balance sheet extention.

Edit: I should say so called deposits as actually no one has deposited anything. More precisely it is the promise to pay out legal tender on demand.

It's just clicked actually... I have always thought about it in terms of a simple bank structure where they would take deposits (Dr Cash Cr Depositors) then write loans (Dr Loan Asset Cr Cash) with those deposits, on the assumption that the bank must transfer cash to, ultimately, the seller of the property. But I suppose what they really do is create a loan asset and the other side is a credit obligation (i.e. the borrower's account is credited with the value of the loan), and not all lending is mortgage based! It is then a case of managing liquidity on an aggregate basis, as well as managing regulatory leverage limits. 

You can obtain his latest work (Early Warnings) from following links

Part 1 Understanding Price vs. Value and Cycles (23 min)   https://mega.nz/#!XPAiiKCJ!tl_jwNd76j-nuhO9ZyXkqhs6l9nh3n1T1oIyu-fk9PY
Part 2 Everything Bubble Update (62 min)                               https://mega.nz/#!LPAy3CaY!XbUzjI3rsuWeHBKm-pE3PFKB1qp6kjMXLuBIgaqhVm4 
Part 3 Death of the Dollar Standard Update (31 min)            https://mega.nz/#!DfZiRSjS!qrcPZgxCTxnQofDg8eXvi4ewMEg1MrsZ5Cvo9oBlf7s
Part 4 Cryptocurrencies (61 min)                                              https://mega.nz/#!uCIklQ5D!je0iAu7dMHN28riaK7cueX9QjQmLyzTD2m8CWQ2Wu4E
Part 5 Precious Metals (25 min)                                               https://mega.nz/#!jWYAEAIY!mk6UVXLvzOe9wsv5W0LkPdN4xgEtkKhBRw4ZDUPjNdU

16 hours ago, Finbinfin said:

But I suppose what they really do is create a loan asset and the other side is a credit obligation (i.e. the borrower's account is credited with the value of the loan)

That is the key. Just one thing - it's not loans (lending something you have) but granting credit (promising something you might have (yet) or not). Banks add the same number on both sides of the balance sheet, once on your current account, once as your obligation to repay the credit you took from them. As everyone uses this promise (book money) as it were the promised thing itself (legal tender), banks are able to do that. I hope that's comprehensible. When someone explained this to me for the first time, I was really confused.

He uses the phrase ‘the greatest transfer of wealth’ all the time throughout the series and he wants everyone of us to take advantage but doesn’t actually say how - other than buying PM through his company. 

I Don’t want to be a sceptic but I can’t help but see a similarity between him and some US TV evangelists. 

💷 💷 Check out my Wanted adds and message me direct if you can help 💷 💷 

1 hour ago, KitboyE17 said:

He uses the phrase ‘the greatest transfer of wealth’ all the time throughout the series and he wants everyone of us to take advantage but doesn’t actually say how - other than buying PM through his company. 

I Don’t want to be a sceptic but I can’t help but see a similarity between him and some US TV evangelists. 

The greatest transfer of wealth can only occur major loss in confidence of fiat currencies and will have to start with the US Dollar. Even if we continue current system of world trade and central banks increasing the money supply without any adverse effect to confidence (have no major wars or black swan events) then I personally still see another bull run developing in Gold. I am guessing here but over the next few years I see gold hitting $1,000 mark as the price continues to be managed but once we break above 1360 level you better have you position locked in.

Gold ever get to $1,000 mark I will be converting all the fiat currencies that I hold into physical gold (I am not selling any income generating assets such as rental properties to buy gold just all my savings I have minus private pension as hedge). Will the greatest transfer of wealth ever happen? I don't know. Gold managed bull run from 2001 to 2011 even while price being managed and manipulated then there will be another bull run in Gold.

Just my opinion.

image.thumb.png.b1e95fa785948e7672e6da15a26b76df.png

I like Mike Maloney - the PM sector need people like him in order to drive the economic reset narrative, and he does a good job of explaining and presenting the case for sound money if we want a free and honest society.

However my feeling is that the overall message to take away is "make sure you diversify yourself away from paper based assets", which is very different from "put all your eggs into gold and silver". If you take the message too literally and overdose on stacking PMs then you will form an emotional view on your stack and there will be resentment when metals keep going down while stocks keep going up.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived