• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Seen Any 2015 Designs?

HelpingHands

Mid Aug is usually the design release.

STG don't seem to be stocking 1oz Goats now,so i presume the monkey will go the same way.Rather than buy more Goats in another size,i think it makes sense to wait for the Monkey 1oz and get in early. 

Edit  Unless STG do a deal and it is a good price on the Goats,out with the old deal.Do they do that?

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember the goats coming out at various dealers on pre-sale in the autumn but were pretty expensive. I think Chards were charging about £23 odd.

I didn't discover STG until early this year and they had the goats on offer then, not sure when they firsat got them in. I think I paid around £15 - 16 delivered for a load.

The price at Chards came down around this time too so I think they were hyping and over-charging early on.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

STG don't seem to be stocking 1oz Goats now,so i presume the monkey will go the same way.Rather than buy more Goats in another size,i think it makes sense to wait for the Monkey 1oz and get in early. 

Edit  Unless STG do a deal and it is a good price on the Goats,out with the old deal.Do they do that?

The lunar 1oz sell out at the mint quite early on so it all depends where they go. If STG only get their one allocation from the mint, when they're gone, they're gone. If they are able to source more from some kind of "wholesaler" they may be able to re-stock. But I think there's a "sweet spot" when the year's lunars are widespread and at their cheapest, as soon as they start to sell out everywhere and the dealers can't source as much stock as they want to replace, the price goes up.

just seen this on Chards FB page

We received the 2015 Prince George 2nd Birthday Silver Proof Crowns today. The reverse of the coin has been designed by esteemed artist and sculptor, Christopher Le Brun RA. It features another famous George, Saint George. Le Brun's design shows Saint George mounted on his horse ready to slay the dragon. The dragon's spine and wings sweep around the curve of the coin. The name George is thought to represent stability and unity which is why they chose England's patron saint to celebrate the future King's birthday.

The obverse features the fifth definitive UK coin portrait of Queen Elizabeth II by Royal Mint designer, Jody Clark.

11717587_861511420570259_838126245093105

• 2 weeks later...

http://24carat.co.uk/frame.php?url=2015australiansilverdollarsyearofthegoatseries2.php&utm_source=mailshot&utm_medium=email&utm_content=ch-mail&utm_campaign=PerthMint10KiloSilverYearoftheGoatCoin

The ultimate big boy from Perth Mint. 2015 year of the goat 10kg silver "coin", limited mintage of 150, Chards has one of them if you want it and can part with £6200. Motorbikez, will you be waiting on the proof version?

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

If you watch the video there is no reeding on these coins either which is another sign of poor finish.

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

crazy price per oz compared to the 1 kg version.

Easy get your money back Steve 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Perth-Mint-Australia-2015-Goat-10-kg-kilo-321-5-oz-Silver-Coin-Ziege-Silber-/281701402467?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item4196b64763

A half dozen of those under the bed, sit back and wait for £35 an ounce and you might make a few quid, according to that sellers listing the mint has knocked another fifty out since the chard page was released,

so the exclusivity factor may be down.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Perth-Mint-Australia-2015-Goat-10-kg-kilo-321-5-oz-Silver-Coin-Ziege-Silber-/281701402467?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item4196b64763

A half dozen of those under the bed, sit back and wait for £35 an ounce and you might make a few quid, according to that sellers listing the mint has knocked another fifty out since the chard page was released,

£250 shipping, or in real money about 20 ounces of silver :D  

10k FFS!

I'm sure you've all got the email from RM.

Another 100 for 100. Is there any chance of the first on eBay going for good money again?

http://www.royalmint.com/shop/Buckingham_Palace_2015_UK_100_pound_Fine_Silver_Coin

I'm thinking about a quick flip too, but wonder if it won't be so hot 2nd time around.

Stacker since 2013

Yes there are others in the series with bits chopped off too. Not sure if they are trying to be arty and give the impression you are viewing the bird through a telescope or it's just poor design. I have a tube of each of the previous 3 so will be in for another 26 of these no doubt.

Archived