• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

completed 2021 1/10th Gold Kookaburra

Yes very nice coin indeed. Looks like it's in excellent condition too. Price is a little bit too steep for my liking but still a really beautiful example 👍

Mankind’s two greatest enemies are the state and central banks - Jeff Berwick

It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning - Henry Ford

The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why - Mark Twain

1 minute ago, kimchi said:

I think it's priced pretty well :)

Yeah pricing is a relative concept. What may seem expensive to someone, may be a good price to someone else. 

I'm used to buying 1/10th oz gold coins around the £190 - £210 range so for me it seems a little but pricey, but as ive said others may find the price ideal for them.

It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning - Henry Ford

The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why - Mark Twain

4 minutes ago, jackflash123 said:

Yeah pricing is a relative concept. What may seem expensive to someone, may be a good price to someone else. 

I'm used to buying 1/10th oz gold coins around the £190 - £210 range so for me it seems a little but pricey, but as ive said others may find the price ideal for them.

Not all 1/10ths are created equal! This is a good price imo on this coin (only second year of issue - first year worth a LOT more already)! But if you are not collecting Kooks and particularly this set then it's understandable if you think it's a bit expensive :)

20 minutes ago, kimchi said:

Not all 1/10ths are created equal! This is a good price imo on this coin (only second year of issue - first year worth a LOT more already)! But if you are not collecting Kooks and particularly this set then it's understandable if you think it's a bit expensive :)

I absolutely agree that not all coins are created equal. And I certainly have paid high premiums on many items in my collection.

I'm a big fan of the Perth Mint too, they produce the best quality silver and gold in my opinion. I have a beautiful 1/10th oz gold Wedge Tailed Eagle coin in my collection, amongst many other coins and bars from the Perth Mint.

18 minutes ago, AaaGee said:

Separates the collectors from the stackers i guess.

Its a lovely piece. Good luck with the sale 👍

I'm not sure if I would call myself a stacker or a collector. I would probably fall into both categories as I have many collectable coins and bars in my stack, some of which I've even commissioned to be made.

I also have a good amount of generic bullion grade eagles, brits, roos etc which would absolutely be classed as "stacking" bars and coins.

I guess if something really appeals to you, then you are willing to pay more for it than a regular coin. And this is one coin that I don't see often on here so I would class it as a collector coin rather than a stacking coin, hence the price I guess.