• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

closed 1982 Gold - Sovereign/fractionals

Hello. 

Brand spanking new here. Been wading around for a few days or more. 

I would like my first piece of gold to be a 1982 dated English coin. 

If anyone has something or can point me in a direction that would be just lovely. 

I am in absolutely no rush. So will be waiting to find a seller who is. 

31 minutes ago, Alexanderhoulston said:

Hello. 

If anyone has something or can point me in a direction that would be just lovely. 

There is a 1982 half sovereign on the coins of the realm auction with no bids

IMG_4202.jpeg

39 minutes ago, Alexanderhoulston said:

Hello. 

Sovereigns or half sovs are your best bet here.  This was the last year that bullion Machins were produced before a hiatus of about 15 years where only proofs were made.  It was also the only year that half sovereigns were produced with the Machin portrait.  Britannias weren't introduced until 1987.

The Sovereign is the quintessentially British coin.  It has a German queen on the front, an Italian waiter on the back, and half of them were made in Australia.

13 minutes ago, Orpster said:
16 minutes ago, James32 said:

@CallumHSLimited has a pile of 82 half sovereigns listed

I have seen these. Very nice!! 

Priced a little more than I am wanting to pay, right now. 

On a couple of occasions I have seen some fractionals get a haircut on the premium. So I am kicking my heals.

Well that will be untill till I learn a valuable lesson and then I can just kick myself. 😆

@CallumHSLimitedthey really are great looking coins - I am just taking it easy to start with. 

1 minute ago, Alexanderhoulston said:

On a couple of occasions I have seen some fractionals get a haircut on the premium. So I am kicking my heals.

Well that will be untill till I learn a valuable lesson and then I can just kick myself. 😆

@CallumHSLimitedthey really are great looking coins - I am just taking it easy to start with. 

🤔they’ve been up a while, just message a cheeky offer, if you don’t ask you don’t get!🤔😮😁

1 minute ago, Alexanderhoulston said:

They're only £7 over spot? For fractional that's excellent 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

58 minutes ago, Alexanderhoulston said:

Hello. 

And welcome to the forum 👍

18 minutes ago, Alexanderhoulston said:

If your kicking your heels at £7 over spot, you will be an Irish dancer in no time

• 1 month later...