• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint 2021 commemorative coin sales

Probably surprising to most how many and the variety of coins issued. I think even for the traditional 50p collector there seems a lot of coins available 🤔No wonder there gets to be fatigue in buying, just a constant stream annually, made worse recently because of the unfortunate death of the queen.🤔🤔

1 hour ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

The recent surveys the RM sent out especially the one asking questions about the sovereigns, alloy colour, privy marks etc etc.   This is the sound of the RM scraping the bottom of the barrel, they know the sovereign is popular world wide for very good reasons, but if they play around with the sovereign too much it will "bastardise" the legacy of the sovereign the chief coin of the world.  

This is so true - and I gave very candid feedback in that survey.

I really hope they refrain from messing around with the Sovereign as we can already see the negative effect of too many Sovereign releases and variations between 2022 and 2023.

1 hour ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

After the recent launch of the Great engravers, the Royal Mint has listened to collectors  everyone was asking them to reduce mintages and range and thats what they did, so kudos to the RM for giving people what they were asking for.

I was actually pleasantly surprised that the RM reduced mintages.

I’m not sure where they got feedback from about this series re mintages, but it certainly seemed to have worked.

3 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

This is so true - and I gave very candid feedback in that survey.

I really hope they refrain from messing around with the Sovereign as we can already see the negative effect of too many Sovereign releases and variations between 2022 and 2023.

I was actually pleasantly surprised that the RM reduced mintages.

I’m not sure where they got feedback from about this series re mintages, but it certainly seemed to have worked.

It was from dealers and customers speaking to account mangers,  I’d welcome lower mintages and slightly higher RRP’s. 

Collectors have been exhausted over the last two years, we’ve effectively had 4 proof sovereigns in this time Nov 21 to Nov ish 23 2022 jubilee, memorial, 2023 coronation, and the 2024. Plus all the other jubilee and Memorial coins.  It could not be helped just timing and demand.

its RM price bumps that’s gonna hurt,  we all want gold to go up in price then we are wincing at the new normal prices,  the next price bump will take a £5 BU sov to over 3k the 1/4 oz gold proof to somewhere closer to £800 a 1oz gold proof will be well into 2.8k. 😳

do they debase the coins?  I’m calling it now we have a sovereign, and a Britannia……do the make a new coin classification?  Call it a “monarch” and it’s 18ct gold silver alloy……it certainly would be bright yellow.  

gold hits £2000 per oz were are all cheering then realise a proof sovereign is over a grand.